too lean at idle cel

dealler_81686

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
i changed my dp and installed a rp in my 07 ms3. now i get a cel saying too lean at idle. does anyone know how to get rid of this?

there was a recall for this cell, lean at idle code. dealer flashes ur ecu and if that didnt work they did something else (forgot)

Before you go to the dealer with mods, check all of your fittings. Too lean at idle could be a case where you are just pulling in unmetered air. You would be bleeding and running rich in boost, but that wouldn't necessarily trigger a code. Some have had issues with loose connections from the dealer.

Did you use a dashhawk to read the code? If so, have you tried to log A/F ratios?

well i just checked all the fittings on my intake. didnt find anything really loose and i reset the cel. ill let you know if it comes back

well i tightened everything down and i started the engine. the cel came on while i was setting up my ipod. i am getting really pissed off at the damn thing!!!

Mazda is going to help and I will report. the stock stuff was often loose. but the hot side intercooler piping went soft and distorted. I cooled it down and replaced valve too. I have Mazdaspeed cai.. And I am sure there is more to this in ecu reading and responding.

My AFRs were a touch lean with the MS CAI @ idle. I changed to an Xcel-intake and through a cell for rich at idle. Once I put some miles on it, I stopped getting those CELs. My AFR is back to 14.7 @ idle but it creeps slowly from 14.0.

With the MS CAI, it seemed to race to 14.7 in a second just off idle.

is it a big deal if the dp i installed is a non-cat dp? would that do it? i want to change to a cp-e dp soon. will that make a difference?

is it a big deal if the dp i installed is a non-cat dp? would that do it? i want to change to a cp-e dp soon. will that make a difference?

The only difference a catted to non-catted DP will do is not let your cabin smell like raw fuel. Some owners of non-catted DPs after a few months have complained about fuel smell in the cabin... But that would be the only difference...oh, and the people driving behind you that you'd be suffocating.

I personally prefer the catted, much easier to live with and it only costs you 4-5 horsepower.

Back