To anyone riding with 17's or 18's

M

murda79

What offset's does everyone with bigger rims have? What does the overall stance look like? Do the wheels stick out or are they flush or even tucked in like the stock wheels were?

I bought my Protege 5 last week friday. i love this car. i saw some 17' enkei shogun that was very nice but then i saw the 18's so sat. i had them installed on my car. it was really funny because all of the mechanics were standing around waiting to see what the car would look like with the 18's. Those wheels gives the car an even more agressive look. There is no need for any type of adapter they fitted perfectly. no overhang it is nice and flush. they are 18x7 on 215 35 18 toyo proxie's. i have never seen another protege 5 on 18's. the ride is a bit harder, but who care the sure do look nice though....

SWEET RIDE!

I have a question, not knowing if there are other options available in the States and not in Canada, did your original wheels come polished or did you have that done. If you did it/had it done, how and using what?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, the 17's and 18's look fantastic on our cars, but I'm not convinced... to be completely realistic, don't you think the P5 is slow enough already? Looks aren't everything, and the drop in performance by increasing the rotating mass just isn't worth it until the car itself is plenty powerful. And let's face facts here. The P5 won't be plenty powerful for quite a while yet.

hum..i jus got 17" RH evo c2s...5x114.3 and 40mm offset..bf goodrich kdws! hehe..

Actually, I don't think changing to the 18" rims caused me that great of a drop in power. It all depends on the rims you get. I got the lightweight Racing Hart Rims. Looking at the power, our cars are rated at 130 HP at the flywheel. Figuring around 20% loss going to the wheels, we get 104 WHP, plus or minus. I dynoed my car with the 18" rims (NO OTHER MODS) and got 100.0 WHP. Yeah, our cars are a bit underpowered, but with all that is available at this time, and what will be available very soon, the power can be bumped considerably.

FOR TIRE AND WHEEL FITMENT APPLICATIONS AND GUIDES go to www.protegeclub.com. There is a tire/wheel section and all the info is there.

I've had 17's, 18's, and 19's, on mine. Currently running the 18" SSR GT1's. We are a major wheel distributor and I have spent tons of time ensuring fitment for the P5.

It does not have the same rear fitment as the sedan. It requires 3mm of more frontspacing than the MP3's.

7" width: +44 or up for 215/40/17
7.5" : +48 or higher for 215/40/17 or 215/35/18

7" +42 possibly with use of a 205/45/17

Diameter is arbitrary when speaking of offset.

See ya, Rishie

Thanks for the info ARD, I was hopeing there was a site around with comprehensive infomation on wheels/tires for our car. :D

Back