Tires! Any advice on new tires for my CX-9?

:
CX9 2017
Im about to replace my cx9 tires, not because they are gone but because these Bridgestone Ecopia tires really suck , they feel rock hard when in uneven surfaces , a few days ago i compared my cx9 with another that had the falkens as OE , and the difference was amazing, not only in performance, but quieter and more comfortable, specially in uneven surfaces. Since that moment i decided to replace the Tires to a better perfomance ones. Im deciding between : goodyear assymetric suv, Dunlop sp sport Maxx050+ , falken k510 . any advice ?

Falkens are GTG, specially since you've already had a chance to demo them and were satisfied with the performance. Always been happy with their offerings. No need to spend more money on Dunlop or Goodyear.

While I am a self confessed tire snob, I too have always been impressed and satisfied with the offerings from FALKEN. They seemed equivalent to Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohama, quality and performance, but for less $$$.

"ExtremeContact DWS 06 (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks. Designed to satisfy year-round driving needs, ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires blend dry and wet road performance with wintertime slush and snow traction. "

Try plugging your choice of criteria into tirerack.com's decision guide.

I replaced the Falken OEMs 2 yrs ago with Nokian WRG3 SUV tires coz I needed tires that were winter rated yet you can run and use all year round. So far happy with them and they performed better than the Falkens esp during the winter months!

If you're happy with the Falkens, go with a set of those!

I otherwise had a similar experience with the Bridgestone Ecopias and found that they're downright unsafe in wintry weather.

I personally replaced mine with a set of Continental TerrainContact H/Ts and they've been WAY better in all conditions vs. the Ecopias. I'm surprised that Bridgestone even markets the Ecopia as an all season tire considering how poorly it performs in the cold. My comments on all of that, here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...iew-continental-terraincontact-h-t.123869733/

That said, it seems you're looking at summer tires so I don't have much input to offer there as I've never run a set on any of my vehicles.

If you do decide to look at all seasons though, the Continental TerrainContacts have been really great for me and the ExtremeContact DWS06 tire that PTguy suggested is also really good.

thanks alll for your replies , so i just asked about the contis and they are not marketed here on the size i need so thats it.. i think im between the dunlops and the falkens, ill make the decision tomorrow and will let you know my comments about the new tires compared to the Ecopias.

I decided towards a new option , although the size is different. goodyears assym 3 which i have in my s3 and have amazed me since the first day i got them . the size is 275/45/20. any comments on the size ,? are these to wide for the cx9 ?

Gatuno, didnt realize you started both this thread and the other on the 275/45R20's.
I cant do the GDYR Asym 3's as I need an all season (or I could do dedicated winter tires), so I have been looking at dimensionally wider 255/50R20's.
But I may start to see what all-season options are out there in the 275/45R20 size thanks to your fitment check!

Latest posts

Back