Tire reccomendations - post em up please

Nice pics. I like that look, including the gap. We too have bad secondary roads and I live twenty miles out in the country and critters abound on the roads, especially at night when you can't see 'em until its too late.

Thanks!
The rims look a lot better than in the pics. I'll get some shots in the sunlight once it comes out. The Duplicolor paint has lots of metal flake very similar to the MGM paint. It's a better match than the OEM paint on the stock rims or the RX8's from Mazda.

So far the tires are great. Only observations so far are the 235 width on the 8" rims gives you some sidewall rebound effect. Sharp inputs or relatively fast turns that push the tire over a bit will take some getting used to. The sidewall recovers and sort of jumps back causing the car to react much differently than before. Also not surprisingly, in the cold temps around here lately, they don't grip quite as well in a straight line as the snow tires did, but once it's 50 degrees outside or warmer, it's a whole different situation. They ride great - much better than the Bridgestones even when new. They are quiet too.

Also notice a bit more feedback through the steering wheel at times. I can definitely tell I have slightly wider wheels and tires on the car. You feel more tugs and pulls from the added grip and slight change in the scrub radius. Since they poke farther than stock and you have rubber on the road hanging out a bit farther than before, this makes sense. I can't imagine this car with 9" rims and 245's on something like 45 offset rims or lower. Gotta be a handful to drive that over bumpy roads going straight at WOT. Glad I kept the offset near stock. I think the RX8 dimensions are just about perfect for this car.

Back