Thinking of buying a CX-5 but I have some questions first.

What happens when someone is coming in and another is leaving at the same time. Is it wide enough to fit two cars wide? I replaced my driveway 10 years ago and made it 100 x 35 so friends and family would stay off my grass!

My drive-way is private. It's not some thoroughfare where everyone can just drive about.

Yes. Worth it. A full 600 feet of woods and rough terrain between me and the gravel road a mile from the chip and seal another mile from the rural asphalt. As far from people as I can logistically manage.
Yep, we had a similar length (not sure exact figures, but probably close to that.) Heavily wooded (pines, aspens, etc). Can't see your neighbors because everyone has many many acres. Good times...

Yep, we had a similar length (not sure exact figures, but probably close to that.) Heavily wooded (pines, aspens, etc). Can't see your neighbors because everyone has many many acres. Good times...

yes, that was the goal. I also have varying topography as noted which provides another layer of separation.

My parents driveway is about that long. My dad ended up putting a couple turnouts in.

I have a pull off area for 2wd vehicles to park at the top of the hill.
5own4o.jpg

2rma3ol.jpg

yes, that was the goal. I also have varying topography as noted which provides another layer of separation.
Yep, agreed. We had some ridges, was perfect. Not as much land as it appears you have, but enough you can't see anybody with.

Thanks. Tons of deer! 6.15 acres now, adding 7 acres in 2 months when I close on it. Not a lot of lands but enough and with the creek, worth it to me.

Honestly, probably a fair amount of you paid more for your estates. It's all about location for me (in many ways, from population growth trend to regional economic stability over the last 20 years, etc.)

Last edited:
Thanks. Tons of deer! 6.15 acres now, adding 7 acres in 2 months when I close on it. Not a lot of lands but enough and with the creek, worth it to me.

Honestly, probably a fair amount of you paid more for your estates. It's all about location for me (in many ways, from population growth trend to regional economic stability over the last 20 years, etc.)
Huh, thought you had more for some reason. We had 7 acres.

And yes, smart thinking there for sure.

Nope just a relatively cosy 13 acres once said and done. I wish it were more.

Oh if only! Our back garden is 30 feet by 20 feet. Your place would probably cost around $3M - $4M here on our overcrowded island. Over here if you buy something in the countryside, in a few years they'll either build houses on it, build a road or a new railway line. (HS2 for example where it will actually go through some new housing estates which have only just been built!)

Oh if only! Our back garden is 30 feet by 20 feet. Your place would probably cost around $3M - $4M here on our overcrowded island. Over here if you buy something in the countryside, in a few years they'll either build houses on it, build a road or a new railway line. (HS2 for example where it will actually go through some new housing estates which have only just been built!)

Yep. Part of why I chose where I did, weighed population and expansion trends over the last 20 years, etc.

Oh. I also have high speed internet. That was a killer addition to the package.

Back