The Progression of my V.1 Street Sleeper Turbo build

Question regarding MPI Tuner

Okay, so the shop that I'm taking my car to has lots of tuning experience with different applications, however, this will be the first MPI that they have worked with. Is there anything that I can provide them in advance to help with the tuning of my car? I have already forwarded the software and the illustrated wiring instructions.
I will also post a link to this question in the tuning/engine management thread.

mspeedP5 said:
Okay, so the shop that I'm taking my car to has lots of tuning experience with different applications, however, this will be the first MPI that they have worked with. Is there anything that I can provide them in advance to help with the tuning of my car? I have already forwarded the software and the illustrated wiring instructions.
I will also post a link to this question in the tuning/engine management thread.

It should be cake if they've tuned before. They just need to remmeber that they are tuning MAF voltage and it cannot go over 4.98v, once you hit that, there's no more fuel to give. If they are tuning xtra injectors, then you are controlling duty cycle of them.

Timing is 1 for 1, so -1 is -1 degreee off whatever stock timing is, it is not total timing. You need to have the analog output voltage (MAF voltage) at 2-2.08v at idle when the engine is warm and the fans off. You can adjust the fuel calibration to get that value at idle, then tune the map, or you can just start plugging away numbers on the map to get that value too.

The 1x16 coulms are the load columns and act like "multipliers" to the 8x16. On the F1 and F2 tab, it is percentages of the 8x16 values. On the timing, it adds to the value of the 8x16, so a -1 on the 8x16 and a -1 on the 1x16 will be -2 degrees off at that point. You need to adjust the switch point to have the TM come on when you hit 1-2psi, this will kick the car in open loop and add fuel.

(uhm)
Hehehe, that's about all I can say to that, but I know it will make sense to the guy who's doing the tuning! I will pass this on to him.
Thanks very much! (thumb)

any 1st gen sleeper owners having issue with the ceramic coating on the mani flaking off? i talk to beau about it and he said it shouldn't have and it's garaunteed so send it back and he'll have ut redone...well i really can't do that i need the car and i can imagine that it will take a while....anyway, i was thinking of doing mani wrap but i've been reading that holding the heat in lile that is not such a good idea, especially on headers, any suggestions ideas...the mani looks like crap now....:(

Last edited:
Padre said:
Nope, no problems here. And they use huge amounts of salt & sand on the roads here.

i didn't drive the car during any bad weather all winter...the color bubbled up first that it started flaking off, not the ceramic coating is cracked...:( looks like crap..(pissed)

Heat Shield Question...

Well tomorrow is the big day! I'm driving the 2 1/2 hrs to ZENSPORT to get the car there for 9:00 am. I can hardly wait!
I do have another question though, regarding the heat shield. I thought I read somewhere that it is actually a two-piece shield. Is this correct? If so, does anyone have a pic of the lower section? I have the top piece.

Thanks

mspeedP5 said:
Well tomorrow is the big day! I'm driving the 2 1/2 hrs to ZENSPORT to get the car there for 9:00 am. I can hardly wait!
I do have another question though, regarding the heat shield. I thought I read somewhere that it is actually a two-piece shield. Is this correct? If so, does anyone have a pic of the lower section? I have the top piece.

Thanks

You can see the lower shield here in this picture.

Attachments

• DSCF0238.JPG
    DSCF0238.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 297
Omfg!!!!

(omg) What a blast! The kit is in! It is 95% tuned but totally driveable and I'll take it back to ZENSPORT shortly for final tweaking. But in the meantime...
WOOOOT! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I LIKE IT!
(2thumbs)

mspeedP5 said:
(omg) What a blast! The kit is in! It is 95% tuned but totally driveable and I'll take it back to ZENSPORT shortly for final tweaking. But in the meantime...
WOOOOT! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I LIKE IT!
(2thumbs)

Congrats...I am anxiously waiting to install mine. Glad too hear it is going well. MAM for the win(first)

Dyno Results...

HP
P5hp.gif

TQ
P5tq.gif

Note: Baseline was done with Ractive 4-1 Header and Short Ram Intake.

The finished product... (thumb) Another satisfied MAM customer (indirectly). :)

Attachments

• Dcp_0263.jpg
    Dcp_0263.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
mspeedP5 said:
The finished product... (thumb) Another satisfied MAM customer (indirectly). :)
nice ......real nice...we should have a MAM sleeper turbo meet!! haha..

Attachments

• P1010165.JPG
    P1010165.JPG
    523.2 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
anyone got a tip how or a nice trick on how to tighten the bottom bolt on the dp that holds it to the turbo? it is the one between the dp and the block, right under the curve of the dp. i have never really been able to get mine %100 percent tight. So I've always had a slight exhaust leak.

Thanks

Back