The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I'm the opposite, worked on the car all weekend still isn't done. I did take 2hrs. out of that to cut grass Saturday evening. The weeds in the flower beds look really nice.

Got my brother moved and got to hang out with my college BFF this weekend. My brother has a ton of crap and heavy furniture but we got him packed and unloaded in one day. Spent Saturday unpacking and putting together his new grill and stuff like that. It felt pretty good to do all of it.

Also put 550 miles on a 2014 Flex Ecoboost from work too. Man do I love these things. Effortless power and so comfortable. If I needed the room, I would do whatever I had to so I could own one.

Last edited:
Also put 550 miles on a 2014 Flex Ecoboost from work too. Man do I love these things. Effortless power and so comfortable. If I needed the room, I would do whatever I had to so I could own one.

I love our new Ford Edge SEL FWD 2.0 ecoboost! I will say that with the transmission in 'D' is very sluggish, but with the paddle shifters it's decent. The transmission in 'S' mode is a different animal, but doesn't shift into 6th (might be 5th) into its own. Seems to have much more power & throttle response, but it kinda falls on its face if you shift it back into drive from 'sport mode'.

It would have been nice to have the 2.7 twin turbo ecoboost in the sport, but can't justify the cost.

Nice, ain't it? Do you know if it was filled with 87 or 93 octane? It makes a big difference in the eco-boost motors as I'm sure you know. My only grip is the transmission sometimes. It's great when you're just tooling around town but the shifts are a little mushy during harder acceleration. I think it's the 3-4 shift I dislike the most. Almost feels like a rubberband to me. When mine it out of warranty I'll definitely be looking into some of the aftermarket tunes floating around.

Have some kids. Problem solved.

This weekend I did both yard work and get some car work done. I also ended up buying a CPO Ford Transit Connect (7 seat) Saturday. I went to look at Flexes, and the TC just had so much more room, and was significantly cheaper. It only has 1400 miles on it too. The Flex was nice, but the TC fit better, and gets better mileage.

Truth.
This weekend I did both yard work and get some car work done. I also ended up buying a CPO Ford Transit Connect (7 seat) Saturday. I went to look at Flexes, and the TC just had so much more room, and was significantly cheaper. It only has 1400 miles on it too. The Flex was nice, but the TC fit better, and gets better mileage.
I had a Transit for a rental one (oddly enough while the Flex was in for maintenance). I wasn't a fan, but maybe the higher-end models are nicer. They definitely allow you to utilize the interior volume more than the Flex but I think usable volume is about the same. The Flex is a lot longer than most people think. I don't think the Transit can fit 4' x 8' sheets of plywood, which is my measure for "lots of interior space."
Or he could need a tow rig without buying a truck.
Eh, I wouldn't recommend the Flex as a tow rig. It's rated 4500 lbs with a weight-distributing hitch. The RX-7, an aluminum trailer, and a weekend's worth of track necessities will quickly eat all that up.

I had a Transit for a rental one (oddly enough while the Flex was in for maintenance). I wasn't a fan, but maybe the higher-end models are nicer. They definitely allow you to utilize the interior volume more than the Flex but I think usable volume is about the same. The Flex is a lot longer than most people think. I don't think the Transit can fit 4' x 8' sheets of plywood, which is my measure for "lots of interior space."

I was playing with the build and price on Ford.com this morning. The 7 seat (extended version) should be able to fit sheets of ply wood with the seats removed. I don't understand why ford only offers the base 2.5 in the extended version. The 1.6 ecoboost w/ more torque makes more since to me. The 2.0 from the fusion would be even better.

Is the weather any better up there yet?
It's been great the past week. How's SC?

It was 84 yesterday and 82 today. Other than that it has been in the 70's for the most part. I'll be dead by summer if this keeps up. The kids and wife love it, but it is getting a wee bit warm for me. Love the curvy roads though.

I was playing with the build and price on Ford.com this morning. The 7 seat (extended version) should be able to fit sheets of ply wood with the seats removed. I don't understand why ford only offers the base 2.5 in the extended version. The 1.6 ecoboost w/ more torque makes more since to me. The 2.0 from the fusion would be even better.
I'm not sure what version I got. I'm guessing the short wheel base since it only sat 6. The overall ergonomics just felt weird to me. You're driving this tall vehicle but it feels like you're sitting on the road. Headroom for days. Weird engine options for sure though.

I think it hit 87 yesterday here in Richmond. I expect it'll get up there again today. Definitely too hot for me.

Are any of you Ohio guys coming down to VIR for the Weathertech/Continental Races? I'll be at Watkins Glen in July too.

Truth.

Eh, I wouldn't recommend the Flex as a tow rig. It's rated 4500 lbs with a weight-distributing hitch. The RX-7, an aluminum trailer, and a weekend's worth of track necessities will quickly eat all that up.

I haven't flat out measured, but it is close to fitting.

It's been great the past week. How's SC?

The 2.0L actually doesn't feel sluggish. It also drives like a car, and doesn't feel like a large vehicle.

I'm not sure what version I got. I'm guessing the short wheel base since it only sat 6. The overall ergonomics just felt weird to me. You're driving this tall vehicle but it feels like you're sitting on the road. Headroom for days. Weird engine options for sure though.

I think it hit 87 yesterday here in Richmond. I expect it'll get up there again today. Definitely too hot for me.

Are any of you Ohio guys coming down to VIR for the Weathertech/Continental Races? I'll be at Watkins Glen in July too.

Mine is a Titanium. Previous owner took a huge hit on it, because I saved a ton of money and I'm sure the dealer made some. Long wheel base is nice and doesn't feel huge. Headroom is more adequate than anything else. Seats don't actually come out, but they do fold flat into the floor. It's pretty slick.

I love our new Ford Edge SEL FWD 2.0 ecoboost! I will say that with the transmission in 'D' is very sluggish, but with the paddle shifters it's decent. The transmission in 'S' mode is a different animal, but doesn't shift into 6th (might be 5th) into its own. Seems to have much more power & throttle response, but it kinda falls on its face if you shift it back into drive from 'sport mode'.

It would have been nice to have the 2.7 twin turbo ecoboost in the sport, but can't justify the cost.

Nice, ain't it? Do you know if it was filled with 87 or 93 octane? It makes a big difference in the eco-boost motors as I'm sure you know. My only grip is the transmission sometimes. It's great when you're just tooling around town but the shifts are a little mushy during harder acceleration. I think it's the 3-4 shift I dislike the most. Almost feels like a rubberband to me. When mine it out of warranty I'll definitely be looking into some of the aftermarket tunes floating around.

The transmissions are all set to maximize fuel economy sadly. I've felt the sluggishness in the Edge, but it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't have any weird shifting with the Flex and It was quick to downshift when I floored it so I wouldn't get PITted on the highway. I put in 87 because I'm cheap and was still getting 20.5 on the highway at 80.

🙄

Where did you find a used Transit Connect with barely any miles on it? (lol2)

The transmissions are all set to maximize fuel economy sadly. I've felt the sluggishness in the Edge, but it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't have any weird shifting with the Flex and It was quick to downshift when I floored it so I wouldn't get PITted on the highway. I put in 87 because I'm cheap and was still getting 20.5 on the highway at 80.

The owners manual does state to use 91+ if you're doing a lot of hauling or dogging the engine a lot, but 99% of the time i'll put in 87. The last tank, i put in premium & didn't notice much of a difference, if at all. Fuel economy also stayed the same. This may or may not be due to the fact that the car has less than 2,000 miles on it. Either way, we're happy with the purchase. Rides nice, drives nice, decent amount of tech, looks nice......can't complain about it.....well except for the stupid auto door lock feature. As of now, the ford computers won't disable that feature because of how new the vehicle is. Hopefully in the near future, that feature will be allowed to be disabled.

The owners manual does state to use 91+ if you're doing a lot of hauling or dogging the engine a lot, but 99% of the time i'll put in 87. The last tank, i put in premium & didn't notice much of a difference, if at all. Fuel economy also stayed the same. This may or may not be due to the fact that the car has less than 2,000 miles on it. Either way, we're happy with the purchase. Rides nice, drives nice, decent amount of tech, looks nice......can't complain about it.....well except for the stupid auto door lock feature. As of now, the ford computers won't disable that feature because of how new the vehicle is. Hopefully in the near future, that feature will be allowed to be disabled.

I like the auto lock feature. What I don't like is you didn't come see me when you purchased it. (lol2)

Back