The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Mark your calenders, I'm doing an install day Friday April 15th that will most likely extend into the weekend if anyone wants to join.

I can probably come over on Saturday to help. No brake work though......

And I would start PB Blasting everything you want to remove/loosen. You've got years of corrosion on there and you'll need all the help you can get.

You did??

It's not brakes so...yeah, probably.

Uh huh. See, you never said anything about installing dual fart cans.....

Probably won't get it all installed in one weekend but the list is: Headers, CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, Front & Rear Sway Bars, Coil-overs, Brake Pads, Rotors & Lines. Possibly a cat-back too but I haven't found a good deal on one. I might be able to get some stuff done before hand if I find the time.

I kinda did.

The silver MSP is running again :)
To bad now I need to find a ES ECU from a 5spd instead of having the auto ecu I acquired... :(

Bump!
Now since I'm down here in SC I'll for sure have to check in more to see what all is going on. Miss you guys already in a weird way.

Kennedy turned 4 yesterday. Crazy how time flies.

Hey Nate, I might not be able to help you on the 15th. My brother is moving that weekend and I may have to go out to Pittsburgh to help. I'll let you know once we get closer to that weekend.

Hey Nate, I might not be able to help you on the 15th. My brother is moving that weekend and I may have to go out to Pittsburgh to help. I'll let you know once we get closer to that weekend.
Well Boo!

I think I'm in love with the Miata RF. It's a Miata with a retractable targa roof.

Car & Driver article

2017-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-RF-show-floor-104-876x535.jpg

2017-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-RF-show-floor-109-876x535.jpg

2017-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-RF-1062-876x535.jpg

2017-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-RF-1102-876x535.jpg

Base will be about $28k sticker it looks like.

Thats one good looking car that should put a hurt on the FRS/BRZ market.
Might put the final nail in the coffin.
I didn't think I could like the Miata anymore than I already do, then they go and do this.....

I know. In 5ish years this may be the perfect mid-life crisis car. :)

I showed Amber pictures last night, first time she ever said a Miata was sexy and she'd ride in one.

i may be one of the strange people here but i dont like it... sure it looks great but I guess for me it just doesn't make sense. Mazda claimed to do all that work to lighten the new ND get it down to around 2350ish lbs, then go and add a retractable hardtop that adds probably 200ish pounds high up in the car (raising the center of gravity). So now IMO the "lightweight roadster" is really neither... then you factor in cost, i bet its 2k on top of a softop, and you are in the 27k base, 33k Loaded. That puts you around 155HP and 2550-2600lbs. Similar weight to a stock MSM but 20 less ponies... Not that great

its definitely not tempting me at all to sell the MSM for one.

^all these are true. I don't think the weight will make a huge difference to the average joe but if the ragtop is manual it does seems a little against the concept. Did PHRT have good sales? I personally can't justify buying any Miata new. While depreciation is nothing like the rx-8 had, there's still plenty of really well taken care of lower mileage Miatas that can be had for much less than new.

Perfect example: 2012 PHRT for about half price of sticker with only 34k miles.

Everybody is complaining about weight. They fail to remember the PRHT added <100 lbs in the NC so why do they think it'll be any different this time? Sure the entire contraption might weight nearly 200 lbs but you then have to subtract the weight associated with the soft top so the net increase goes down. Yes, it's still a weight increase but does anyone really think a coupe version would be any different?

Back