The new Resources feature..

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
It's great! I posted some resources of my own (which are just links to How-To/DIY guides I had already written), but there are also specific areas for posting recall information and part/vehicle/vendor/dealer reviews.

From my understanding, this is where resources like DIY guides, workshop PDFs, tire spreadsheets and other such reference material should go. Check it out!

Well done! Thanks for getting the ball rolling with our new Resources feature..👍

Feedback, suggestions welcome...Let’s put this new feature to good use!

I hadn't noticed that tab before, but just took a look. Looking great!

So... it's like yet another forum then?!?!?

Not another Forum...It’s a dedicated space for creating, sharing and organizing guides, instructions, resources, reviews and reference information etc.

You can rate and post comments but it is not a forum.

@sm1ke has already put the new feature to good use, hopefully others will follow suit...It has a lot of potential to benefit the community.

So... it's like yet another forum then?!?!?

Kind of, but not really. In my head, I see it as being a place to quickly find things like references, useful graphics, PDFs, etc. For example, lets say you're looking for new tires. Someone in the CX-5 sub created a handy tire spreadsheet for the CX-5, but it was a while ago, so in order to find it, you have to do a search in the CX-5 sub and then wade through the results to find it.

Arguably, if the person created a specific thread for the spreadsheet (I think they actually did, can't remember), the search would be a lot easier, assuming that you remembered the thread title. But having the spreadsheet posted as a resource also reduces "clutter" in the subforums (and makes it easier to find when searching the Resources).

There is a bit of a "culture change" involved in order to adapt to it, so we'll see how it all plays out.

Back