The new Resources feature..

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
L
Canada
V
'18 CX-9 Signature
It's great! I posted some resources of my own (which are just links to How-To/DIY guides I had already written), but there are also specific areas for posting recall information and part/vehicle/vendor/dealer reviews.

From my understanding, this is where resources like DIY guides, workshop PDFs, tire spreadsheets and other such reference material should go. Check it out!

Antoine

Administrator

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
L
Denver, CO
V
2014 CX-5 Touring
I hadn't noticed that tab before, but just took a look. Looking great!

Antoine

Administrator

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
L
Canada
V
'18 CX-9 Signature
So... it's like yet another forum then?!?!?
Kind of, but not really. In my head, I see it as being a place to quickly find things like references, useful graphics, PDFs, etc. For example, lets say you're looking for new tires. Someone in the CX-5 sub created a handy tire spreadsheet for the CX-5, but it was a while ago, so in order to find it, you have to do a search in the CX-5 sub and then wade through the results to find it.

Arguably, if the person created a specific thread for the spreadsheet (I think they actually did, can't remember), the search would be a lot easier, assuming that you remembered the thread title. But having the spreadsheet posted as a resource also reduces "clutter" in the subforums (and makes it easier to find when searching the Resources).

There is a bit of a "culture change" involved in order to adapt to it, so we'll see how it all plays out.