Test Drive - Auto Touring

Thai

Finally did the big test drive today and while I really wanted this to be my next vehicle, I am sorry to say, that it won't.... :'(

I love the look, the handling, the cargo space, the sliding door and the Mazda name.
What I don't like is having to pay for features I don't want in order to get what I do want, and more importantly this was soooo uncomfortable for me to drive!!! Every little bump in the road was a jolt to my back and I was constantly trying to find a comfy position.

I truly gave this a fair test as I took it out on a highway and then a county road and back to the dealer thru town (approx 50 min round trip).
And then I took my own car (Corolla) on the exact same route as soon as I got back to make sure I wan't imagining things.
And then I took another make vehicle, on a test drive, on the same route yet again to compare as well.

And I had to come to the conclusion, that after 10-12 hours driving,(driving to Florida, which is the reason for the change of vehicle in the first place) I would indeed be in very bad shape.

So sadly, this will not be my next vehicle.....

Thai

hmmm well coming from a Corolla is a big change, Mazdas tend to be stiffer than any of the offerings of Toyota.

Sorry to hear you won't be joining the Mazda crowd :(

Carmaniac; Well actually I am part of the Mazda crowd anyway as our 2nd vehicle is a 2000 Mazda B4000 Pickup!!!!

Thai

carmaniac said:
hmmm well coming from a Corolla is a big change, Mazdas tend to be stiffer than any of the offerings of Toyota.

Sorry to hear you won't be joining the Mazda crowd :(

Back