TBE w/cat emissions?

sick_role

:
07 MS3
Hello all. I didn't find very much by way of actual information at the corksport homepage on this. I sent an email and I'm sure they'll let me know - but - thought maybe one other person might want to know...

was wondering if the corksport TBE w/cat (Axe-6-116-12) is emissions friendly for any states?

Hello all. I didn't find very much by way of actual information at the corksport homepage on this. I sent an email and I'm sure they'll let me know - but - thought maybe one other person might want to know...

was wondering if the corksport TBE w/cat (Axe-6-116-12) is emissions friendly for any states?

Yea.. As in will it pass emmissions. Im 99 percent sure it will as long as you dont have a check engine light on but There Downpipe prevents cells.

I just installed there exhaust on my Mazdaspeed 6 its great. Only place I might worry is if you live in California

Depends on whether or not they do a visual inspection. I'd almost guarantee you'd fail a visual inspection if they knew what they were looking for - as the factory primary catalyst is visible from under the hood. Really depends on the state and what the regulations and methods of inspection are. I'd check with your individual state or with MS3 owners in your state who have been through the inspection and can give you advice on what they have seen in the situation. There's really no way for us to keep up on emissions laws and inspection methods in 50 different states and other countries. We sell our parts internationally and there are a number of items we run into in relation to emissions with those customers pretty regularly.

For example, in Australia, the factory airbox is inspected to be intact and open element air filters are frowned upon, so we sell lots of turbo inlet pipes to Australians but not as many intakes. We had a customer in Germany who needed a 400 cell catalyst in order to pass inspection recently as well. There are just so many options here in the US and around the world, it becomes prohibitive for us to keep track of them and to track any changes in regulations.

Jason
CorkSport

Fair enough. I just wanted to be sure this wasn't an "off-road only" system and had no chance of passing. Last check I had they didn't do a whole lot of looking. Just hooked up their dataport thing (to put it into technical terms) and I was off. However my memory is pretty terrible so they may have done a visual...jebus it was last august, you'd think I'd remember...

Checking with other owners in the areas is a great idea. I will pretend I thought of it when bragging to my friends about passing emissions.

That being said - I love the sound of this exhaust and it may be my first mod instead of intake/bpv.

what, if any, supporting mods should be done when installing TBE/wcat on an otherwise stock ms3? would this require a tune?

Back