Switching Radio Stations

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
A minor irritant for me is switching radio stations when I have WAZE connected to the infotainment system. In that mode the only way I can change them is with the switch on the steering wheel. If the steering wheel is turned say on a curving road it is awkward to locate the switch.

You can also press the music button on the center console which will take you to the radio screen. Once you're done there, press and hold the home button to get back to Waze.

I'm not sure that will help much on curving roads and I'm sure the steering wheel button is safer, but it's one way to do it.

As an aside, I wish there was a way to display the radio station frequency on the Waze screen. That would really help when cycling through the preset stations.

If you’re already using Waze, then a simple quick press of the Nav button takes you back to Waze (or which ever map program you are currently using).

I like Ford’s implementation of CarPlay (Waze, specifically). When you changed station, a small info graphic across the top of the Waze screen told you which station you selected. Additionally, the cluster screen told you which song was playing.

If you’re already using Waze, then a simple quick press of the Nav button takes you back to Waze (or which ever map program you are currently using).

I've noticed that it doesn't always return me back to Waze. It'll return me reliably back to Google Maps if I'm using that, but most of the time it'll load Mazda Nav instead with Waze open. This is with my old Pixel 3 and my new Note 10.

The music button works fine though.

You have to make sure Waze is running first. If you plug your phone in and just press the button before running Waze m, it will then default to Mazda nav. Basically the button brings you back to the last used navigation program, with Mazda being the very first “last used” by default.

You have to make sure Waze is running first. If you plug your phone in and just press the button before running Waze m, it will then default to Mazda nav. Basically the button brings you back to the last used navigation program, with Mazda being the very first “last used” by default.

Right, but I mean when I have a route entered into Waze and it's navigating me, then I switch to the Audio screen, then click the Navigation button, it'll load Mazda Nav instead of going back to Waze which is still actively navigating me.

That is strange. When I have Waze running, I can switch to audio screen or any others screen. Once I hit Nav button it always goes back to Waze.

What firmware version are you running?

Back