Summer Tires

Skywlkr

:
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport
I am in need of replacing the stock tires on my speed6 and was seeing what others have switched to.

I have a rim and winter tire package already, so I am looking strictly for pure performance tires. I am leaning toward the Michelin Pilots or the Pirelli PZero's. I was looking to go to a 225 instead of the 215 as well. Anyone use either of these?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

I'm rolling on 225/40/18 Falken Ziex ZE-512. No rubbing and my fenders are not rolled. They are pretty noisey though. I'm gonna get some Toyo Proxes 4 next.

PZero

I wore out my stock tires and changed them to the PIRELLI P-Zero Nero M+S with the stock sizes. Other than sqealing a little more in the corners there doesn't really seem to be any difference from the Bridgestone Potenza RE050 our car comes with. The UTQG ratings are the same, but the treadlife is 400 vs the RE050's 140. Also, I've noticed a reduction in the tramlining vs the stock set.

Good luck with your decision!

Pirelli P Zero - 130 ish
DunlipSP 50000 - 125 ish
Kumho Ecsta SPT - 114 ish

tirerack

I too am wondering what to get. With the dollar being so good in Canada right now, I'm thinking of ordering a set somewhere. I also have winters. I don't autox, and I don't want a loud tire as the stock bridgestones are louder then my frigging Winter dunlops...no joke. I also want them to last a little longer as I don't want to have to replace the tires again before I trade.

I wore out my stock tires and changed them to the PIRELLI P-Zero Nero M+S with the stock sizes. Other than sqealing a little more in the corners there doesn't really seem to be any difference from the Bridgestone Potenza RE050 our car comes with. The UTQG ratings are the same, but the treadlife is 400 vs the RE050's 140. Also, I've noticed a reduction in the tramlining vs the stock set.

Good luck with your decision!

There is one thing different that I have noticed and that is road noise. Much more quiet. Great handeling and yes the squealing is there. No problem.(outie)(drive2)

Back