Subaru STI Rims w/ Tires

Subaru STI Rims w/ Tires

Set of 04-05 STI rims for sale. I had them on my Protege5. The hub has already been opened up to fit on our hubs. all thats needed is a 5 mm spacer (will supply with the rims). I had no rubbing issues at stock height. Lowered may require fender roll. Also will come with shoulder bolts and washers for proper mounting.

Tires are very new with great tread. Rims do have minor curb rash.

List Date: 1/21/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Subaru STI Rims w/ Tires
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $700.00 (Local Pickup Only)

--------------------------------------
mazdas247

Last edited:
Those rims look pretty flat, there's no depth to the face at all. I'm guessing it's a high positive offset, same as the stock P5 wheels.

EDIT.
After posting this I did a Google search and found this:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2005.html

About half way down the page are the wheels specs:

"new 17x8" BBS alloy (17x8jj), 5 lug, 5x114.3 pattern
225/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE070 Summer/Directional
Offset 53mm (it's been suggested not to go under 48mm)
Available with
Gold wheels, car model code 5JI
Silver wheels, car model code 5JJ"

So I was right. Stock P5 wheels, I believe, are 55mm offset. Which means you'll need more than a 5mm spacer to get these flush on the P5.

Otherwise, nice wheels. Would look great in gold. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
^^^One thing to keep in mind though is the stock P5 wheels are 16x6, these are 17x8. IIRC those that ran the 16x8 FD wheels used a 5mm spacer in the rear and a 3mm spacer up front to help clear the suspension.

Last edited:
Wheels are 17x8 with a +53 offset. I needed the 5mm spacer to clear the suspension. It cleared by about 2 mm with the spacers on. They were pretty close to flush with how they sat on my P5. Still were sunk in a tiny bit but were farther out then stock p5 rims and looks way better. I had no suspension mods and it didn't rub but was close.

@Protege5 Smoke - You have to take into account that stok p5 5 inch wide while these are 8 inch wide. even with similar offset thats gonna be a 1 inch difference on either side of the rims (1 inch closer to the fender and 1 inch closer to the suspension). then you take the 5 mm spacer with effectively makes it +48.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

Using this calculator and taking into account the 5mm spacer you will have the rims 18mm closer to the suspension and 32mm closer to the fender then a stock p5 wheel.

@ CTt3P5 - Thanks for the chime in. You are correct on all accounts except for the the STI rims being 18's rather then 16's. Just a typo I am sure.

Last edited:
Wheels are 17x8 with a +53 offset. I needed the 5mm spacer to clear the suspension. It cleared by about 2 mm with the spacers on. They were pretty close to flush with how they sat on my P5. Still were sunk in a tiny bit but were farther out then stock p5 rims and looks way better. I had no suspension mods and it didn't rub but was close.

@Protege5 Smoke - You have to take into account that stok p5 5 inch wide while these are 8 inch wide. even with similar offset thats gonna be a 1 inch difference on either side of the rims (1 inch closer to the fender and 1 inch closer to the suspension). then you take the 5 mm spacer with effectively makes it +48.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

Using this calculator and taking into account the 5mm spacer you will have the rims 18mm closer to the suspension and 32mm closer to the fender then a stock p5 wheel.

@ CTt3P5 - Thanks for the chime in. You are correct on all accounts except for the the STI rims being 18's rather then 16's. Just a typo I am sure.

Ugh....yes I got that all screwed up. It was late and I saw 16x8 vs 17x8 and compared them to the 16x8 RX7 wheels that some P5 owners run. Sorry about that.

i am very interested but i am buying tokico blues and have eibach springs, will i be fine to rock those with this suspension set up?

Yea, they will fit. I had stock suspension and it rubbed a tiny bit with 0 camber. But if you lower it and roll the fenders in the rear just a little it will clear just fine.

And yes i still have these in my garage.

Back