Stubby/Shark Fin Antenna???

7red7

:
2006 Mazda 5 S Touring
Hey there fellow Mazda owners!!!

Just curious to know if anyone has been able to find a good replacement antenna for the long OEM one??? I'd love to either get a good stubby antenna or a shark fin design if it could be installed...I'd prefer black rubber or plastic, but I can easily get parts painted to match the factory paint so please feel free to list anything you have used on your Mazda 3 or 5 :D

Thanks!!!

DAN

For reception as close to stock as possible, my recommendation would be one of these options:

- sharkfin, http://visualgarage.com/home.html
- stubby, buy the OEM Mazda CX-7 stubby antenna from a dealership (it fits and reception close to the longer Mazda5 stock antenna)

I wonder if there were more persons intersted , if we could get a group buy on those shark fin antennaes... they look really cool !!:bs:

What's the BS flag for? I'm not a 100% fan of them myself, but they're not that bad. Considering they're standard fare on new BMW's and Audi's...

Medicman said:
Hershey PA ?? I have been there, back in 1992 !!
Well, it's tough living in a town that smells like chocolate, but someone has to do it. ;) Whether you remember or not, I assume you visited Hersheypark (amusement park) and Chocolate World (visitor's center) when you were down last. Let me assure you, A LOT has changed in Hershey since you were down last in 1992. It's worth the trip if you're down this way again.

Hersheypark
Hershey's Chocolate World

jandree22 said:
Well, it's tough living in a town that smells like chocolate, but someone has to do it. ;) Whether you remember or not, I assume you visited Hersheypark (amusement park) and Chocolate World (visitor's center) when you were down last. Let me assure you, A LOT has changed in Hershey since you were down last in 1992. It's worth the trip if you're down this way again.

Hersheypark
Hershey's Chocolate World
Yes we went there, it was the time of my practise marriage and we stayed
at the Poconos and the next week went down to York and Hershey.
Now..I dont dare take my new wife down there ! (peep)

I was wondering about the CX-7.... never noticed the stubby until we finally got some in yesterday. Ordered an antenna from one for my 5 :)

The problem is all of those antenna are at tops 5", which won't have the reception ability of the almost 8" CX-7 antenna or the 14"+ OEM 5 antenna.

I bet the shark will be much better but having looked at the CX7 stub on the Mazda 5 and Mazda 3 Sedan and Sport... the CX7 stub should stay on the CX7 JMO

Zoom5Zoom said:
I bet the shark will be much better but having looked at the CX7 stub on the Mazda 5 and Mazda 3 Sedan and Sport... the CX7 stub should stay on the CX7 JMO

You don't think the CX7 stub looks good on the 5?

Back