Still waiting for my CX-5

mrstbodega

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech Package (Black Mica)
I placed a deposit for a Black CX-5 AWD with tech package on March 8th. I literally have been stalking the CX-5 in forums and on the mazdausa.com website lol. On March 21st, I see my vehicle is on the dealer inventory mazdausa.com website. But I know it's not at the actual dealership yet. I am so anxious to just cancel that order and buy it elsewhere that actually have it already .... anyone else waiting like me?

HA! This could just as easily have been written by me my friend. I told the dealer what I wanted. He said they had one inbound that would arrive in port on March 14th, so I put down the deposit (GT w/AWD, Tech Package). As March 14th approached I was told March 18th arrival to port instead. So on March 19th I emailed him and was told they were trying to make sure the CX-5s were put on trucks first (within 1-3 days after hitting port). It's pretty funny, I just emailed my salesman, who has been very patient with my questions, and am waiting on a reply regarding a possible pickup date. Believe me, you aren't the only one looking for new reviews every couple of hours or constantly checking online for updates. I can't wait! When were you told the car would arrive in port? The 18th as well?

I was told that the vehicle would arrive at their lot by March 26th or maybe even sooner!! It's already Friday and I've been ready to buy like last month lol. The thing I'm dreading on is that I already got approved with this dealer and if I cancel I have to start all over again with another dealer...I really hate having an inquire hit on my credit report..specially this month that I've been on the market for a new vehicle. I think I'm going to email my salesman right now...my fiance didn't really like him...my fiance thinks my salesman is disorganized...lol He is lucky I am patient...but not that patient. Did you check the mazda.com website to see if you VIN # is on there? Because mine is.

Mine came off the boat on the 13th and is showing in dealer inventory as well...It is expected to arrive any time now according to their rep and truck scheduling info...Hoping today.

Holy Schnikes! Just received the reply! It is here!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry that you have to be the first person I tell, but it seems fitting since we were both sharing the same pain. I was told he'd put it through inspection, attach the add-ons I ordered and I could pick it up today. I hope your salesman has good news for you. I did not end up checking the site (obviously). If your CX-5 was on the same boat as mine, it'll likely be there soon.

Congrats!! :) I am happy for you. Your wait is over. Funny thing is that I emailed my salesperson...awaiting is response. Post some pictures of your new baby....congrats again.

Mine came off the boat on the 13th and is showing in dealer inventory as well...It is expected to arrive any time now according to their rep and truck scheduling info...Hoping today.

Oh I'm crossing my fingers for the both of us Modshack. I hope both of our CX-5 comes in today as well.

My salesman stated that for sure it will arrive sometime the beginning of next week or it might even come in today...what does that mean? Why can't they give us a straight answer? Don't they want the vehicle to be sold? LOL

I was waiting like you too... i placed a deposit on mar. 12 because he said the car would be here the following week... after 2 weeks of waiting... i decided to get my deposit back and bought from another dealer...
he changed his word and said beginning of april the car will be here....since the dealer lied to me i decided to buy from somewhere else... if u need your vehicle now and can't wait.. i say buy from a different dealer if you KNOW they have the exact model and color you want..

I placed a deposit for a Black CX-5 AWD with tech package on March 8th. I literally have been stalking the CX-5 in forums and on the mazdausa.com website lol. On March 21st, I see my vehicle is on the dealer inventory mazdausa.com website. But I know it's not at the actual dealership yet. I am so anxious to just cancel that order and buy it elsewhere that actually have it already .... anyone else waiting like me?

I was told that the vehicle would arrive at their lot by March 26th or maybe even sooner!! It's already Friday and I've been ready to buy like last month lol. The thing I'm dreading on is that I already got approved with this dealer and if I cancel I have to start all over again with another dealer...I really hate having an inquire hit on my credit report..specially this month that I've been on the market for a new vehicle. I think I'm going to email my salesman right now...my fiance didn't really like him...my fiance thinks my salesman is disorganized...lol He is lucky I am patient...but not that patient. Did you check the mazda.com website to see if you VIN # is on there? Because mine is.

Where on the mazda website to input your VIN to look it up?

Where on the mazda website to input your VIN to look it up?

All you have to do is search for your dealer and check out their dealer inventory...the VIN #'s are listed with all the cars available on the mazda website.

if it is in the dealer inventory on the mazda website it may or may not be at the dealer. best way to do it is go to the dealers website. if the unit has an actual photo of the car it is in stock, if not it is on the way...

beers

We are in the same boat.... I have been checking the dealer website and calling once a week. Once CX-5 showed up on their website yesterday with all of our specs (Touring, AWD, Sunroof and Tech Package). I called and they said it is not in stock yet. Hopefully it will show up soon though. Our salesperson has also been patient with my phone calls <RWG>

Hey mrstbodega, im in nyc too, which dealer did you buy from and how much of a discount if any did they give you?

thanks

Same situation here in Central Florida . . . I got a deal and put a deposit on a GT w/Tech Pkg back in March 10th and was told at the time that the car was located at the Jacksonville port and would arrive in a few days . . . since then I've been told by the dealer several times "it'll be here in a few days". The last update on Friday had the car arriving at the dealer yesterday or today but still no dice obviously . . . wondering whether the car is still at the port or even still on a boat somewhere.

The Mazda site inventory shows the car as being located at the dealership and its VIN matches the one on the deal paperwork so I guess at his point it's either get my deposit back 'til Mazda gets its distribution system together or just continue to wait while having nothing to show for a deposit on a car that's MIA!

. . . wondering whether the car is still at the port or even still on a boat somewhere.

Rule of thumb here is: find out the name of the delivery ship.

When you put down a deposit in Australia, they give you the VIN, ship name and from there the shipping schedule is easy.
Ships are easy to track and the time from Japan to local port doesn't change.

Then use www.marinetraffic.com to track.

Well my CX-5 should be here anytime now per my mazda dealer it already left the port and on its way tobthe dealership. I will call them again after i get off work tonight. I will believe it until i see it :)

Hey mrstbodega, im in nyc too, which dealer did you buy from and how much of a discount if any did they give you?

thanks

Hey JTNY...I placed an order with a mazda dealership in Yonkers. They are only 6 miled away from home which is great since I will most likely go there for service as well. They were the most laid back and friendly people I think personally. And they were the only ones to offer a great deal. They were not pushy at all and were very patient with me since I was very undecided of the color. All the other dealers i met or contacted were too pushy and aggressive. Good luck in your search.

Hey I sent you a private msg. re: your dealer. Let me know and I might go check them out.

Hey JTNY...I placed an order with a mazda dealership in Yonkers. They are only 6 miled away from home which is great since I will most likely go there for service as well. They were the most laid back and friendly people I think personally. And they were the only ones to offer a great deal. They were not pushy at all and were very patient with me since I was very undecided of the color. All the other dealers i met or contacted were too pushy and aggressive. Good luck in your search.

Back