Steering issue

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Tech Package White
What would cause my 13 CX 9 to constantly pull to the left when braking? Or just always veer to the left when I let go of the steering wheel? I have already changed CV axles, lower control arms, & both front struts and checked my tie rod ends which are still good and have also checked tire pressure and received a wheel alignment. What else is there for me to check? I feel like I'm spending money on replacing parts that aren't fixing the issue. Thanks in advance.

Are your brake pads wearing evenly? Maybe a brake dragging issue or some sort?

it doesnt only happen when I step on the brakes. even as I let go of the steering wheel, car just wants to go left.

it doesnt only happen when I step on the brakes. even as I let go of the steering wheel, car just wants to go left.

The grade of the road may have something to do with it as well. Find an empty road and see if it pulls to the left, then drive it in the opposite direction. If it now pulls to the right, it could just be the grade of the road, but if it still pulls to the left, it's definitely something else.

Maybe uneven tire tread wear or problems? I would think that the shop that did your alignment would have noticed something like that if it were an issue, but it doesn't hurt to doublecheck and be sure.

Last edited:
If a caliper is dragging it will pull the car in one direction regardless of whether you are braking or not.

you guys are awesome! will be checking your suggestions out tomorrow! will keep you posted!

nope. calipers arent dragging. not sure what else to look out for! driving is a headache in this car right now!

Latest posts

Back