2012 CX-5 Start Stop Unit malfunction

Hi Everyone,

Kindly note that I went to a garage and a technician messed up with my start stop unit. Am not sure what wires he tampared with, but I will attach the error code from the diagnostics. My mazda cx5 (2012, AFS and i-stop equiped KEAW..) smart key isn't working at all. As a result, the smart key can't lock or unlock the doors. The advanced keyless functions are also inoperable. Luckily, I can start the car by pressing the start button with my key fob. I have attached the diagnostics error code. Any advice will be appreciated. I am considering purchasing a new start stop unit.

Attachments

• IMG20200303150609.jpg
    IMG20200303150609.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 814
  • IMG20200303150552.jpg
    IMG20200303150552.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 606
  • images (2).png
    images (2).png
    15.3 KB · Views: 691
Hi Everyone,

Kindly note that I went to a garage and a technician messed up with my start stop unit. Am not sure what wires he tampered with, but I will attach the error code from the diagnostics. I am considering purchasing a new start stop unit.
What about going back to your technician and getting him to correct whatever he screwed up?
This sounds like it's on him, and not you.

Thank you all. I solved the problem by replacing the entire start stop unit. The technician short circuited the unit which brew the microcontrollers on the start stop unit

Thank you all. I solved the problem by replacing the entire start stop unit. The technician short circuited the unit which brew the microcontrollers on the start stop unit
So while we were typing and kibitzing, you were outside actually working???

Glad you got it fixed!

I take it you're not in the states where you could reasonably expect the shop to have fixed the problem they caused...

UPDATE:
Even after replacing the SSU, I could only start the car by pressing the start button using the key fob. The problem was only resolved after I replaced the keyless receiver.

Did you pay out of pocket for that? Or was this covered by the shop due to their negligence?

Did you pay out of pocket for that? Or was this covered by the shop due to their negligence?
The shop started taking me in rounds, which I wasn't ready of as I need the car back to its normal condition. Subsequently, I decided decided to source for receiver and fitted it myself.
1612309363409.png

Tonynyam, what is the replacement procedure in that start and stop unit ? Do you have to take the whole steering wheel and airba etc? Did you have it to reprogram? I’m having some issue , the 2 keyfobs doesn’t recognize the unlock and lock for the car, dealer wants $1500 to fix it, dont have that kind of money at this time. any advice is greatly appreciated

Back