Stainless Steel Door Scuff Plates

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
In case anyone is curious, I emailed the folks here for information about the stainless steel door scuff plates that are now available in the US. They sent me a PDF of the installation procedure. Good news: Apparently you just adhere them to the current black plastic scuff plate!

I plan on buying/installing them soon, so I'll post pictures afterwards.

Attachments

• Scuff_Plate__CX7_.pdf
    240.8 KB · Views: 1,181
In case anyone is curious, I emailed the folks here for information about the stainless steel door scuff plates that are now available in the US. They sent me a PDF of the installation procedure. Good news: Apparently you just adhere them to the current black plastic scuff plate!

I plan on buying/installing them soon, so I'll post pictures afterwards.

I'm waiting for a 3rd party that makes illuminated ones.

PLease post some pics when you get them. I too am interested in these as well. They look good.

I'm loving these goodies posted on here. Already have the shark fin, turbo badge, waiting to install my body side molding, and just ordered these scuff plates. Thanks for posting the info guys / gals.

Installed!

Took 15 minutes. Simply clean the black plastic scuff plate and adhere the stainless ones on top of them. I think they look really sharp, although I would have preferred Mazda not put that black rubber trim on them. I guess they figured things might get snagged on them otherwise. Oh well, I think they still look very sharp.

Attachments

• 20070826_03.jpg
    20070826_03.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 20070826_04.jpg
    20070826_04.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 20070826_06.jpg
    20070826_06.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 972
Very nice! And thanks for the photos. Think this will be an upgrade for our 7 in the near future.

that is really nice indeed. I'm gonna have to go out and open my doors and imagine them there on mine. I suspect an order is in my future too. thanks for great heads up and pics. .

Door scuff plates .....before/after on Copper Red

Attachments

• cx7 007.jpg
    cx7 007.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,027
  • cx7 006.jpg
    cx7 006.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,124
Last edited:
put these on mine too. Very nice, have exact brushed alum color as the dash trim..but agree with other poster, the edge black trim was ok but only if it would've MET TOGETHER at its' seam.

Guess they were really stretching the vinyl trim budget on these..

Back