** Spring Buyer's Guide **

The *newest* proteges are a decade old at this point. Chances are nearly everything for them is out of production.

would you guys reccomend me getting the eibach pro kit or the H&R Sport springs? i wish i knew the rate of the H&R's. ill be running autocross, and im looking for something stiffer than the racing beat springs. i also have slicks and the rears poke a little bit and i dont want a spring that is gonna roll so much that i rub in the rear

Coils man. The only springs out there that may be stiff enough would be the Mazdaspeed B-specs. Good luck finding a set.

no way i can afford new coils. im getting rid of the blown ksports i have. i just want a good spring with my good struts

Well... short answer is you're most likely going to rub with any spring.

dang, well of the 2 which would you reccomend? i can get the h&rs or eibach pro kits. eibachs are progressive and the h&rs are linear but i dont know the h&r spring rate. i also could trade for ground controls but shipping to canada is outrageous

Honestly, I would go H&R in the choice of those two.

Linear. I have espelier (linear front, progressive rear) springs on illuminas and when they're set soft they roll like crazy. The only saving grace I have is that the hardened shock dampening (set at max) of the illuminas makes up for it.

If I had cash I'd buy coils any day.

Ok so I'm new at this and I need help I have a mazda protege es 2003 on stock rims 16x6 +50mm 5lug 195/50-16 and I want to lower it with m2 springs on eBay but I'm not sure if its going to rub or not any help? Please thanks

you will not rub. but if you do it will be minimal. but i highly reccomend getting a higher quality spring.

Anyone have any experience with the RB springs and the tokico HPs? I have to replace pretty much the whole suspension soon and I haven't been able to find much information on this particular combo.

I don't want a drop really, just better handling with the upgraded struts.

The aftermarket RB springs or the MSP RB springs? MSP springs will sit lower in the rear because the shocks had a higher spring perch. If they're the aftermarket RB springs they'll be fine. No experience with those springs, but RB makes quality stuff so they should be pretty good, and Tokico's are a great option for struts. Aside from that, I would probably go Tein H-Tech's if you dont want drop.

The aftermarket RB springs or the MSP RB springs? MSP springs will sit lower in the rear because the shocks had a higher spring perch. If they're the aftermarket RB springs they'll be fine. No experience with those springs, but RB makes quality stuff so they should be pretty good, and Tokico's are a great option for struts. Aside from that, I would probably go Tein H-Tech's if you dont want drop.

Correct. Unless you get the MSP specific Tokicos, then it's fine with MSP RB springs. Nice springs either way you go. If you can find the ultra mega rare Mazdaspeed B-Spec springs, jump on those. I had a set on my P5 and loved every second of them.

Back