** Spring Buyer's Guide **

Right now I have to different struts and springs. I actually like the setup. The front struts are still stock but they will be going out for the illuminas. Tokico blues and illuminas are the same to my knowledge. Its just on the blues I dont have the adjustability of setting them to a certain stiffness.

Im not really a suspension genious, but the racing beats have 5 lbs per inch more in the front then the goldlines. Which seems like hardly anything to me.

The only downfall to this is that Ill have a mismatched set of springs off the car while I wanted to sell a complete set.

i am asking what springs should i get if i want less than an inch of drop, with the stock struts thanks (redpro)

Right now I have to different struts and springs. I actually like the setup. The front struts are still stock but they will be going out for the illuminas. Tokico blues and illuminas are the same to my knowledge. Its just on the blues I dont have the adjustability of setting them to a certain stiffness.

Im not really a suspension genious, but the racing beats have 5 lbs per inch more in the front then the goldlines. Which seems like hardly anything to me.

The only downfall to this is that Ill have a mismatched set of springs off the car while I wanted to sell a complete set.
I guess my point is that it is a waste to buy Illuminas to have them paired with Goldlines. Even HPs will provide a ton of damping for the Goldlines.

Just check the spring rates for which the HP's have been designed. It's 200/170 lb/in (front/rear) or something similar. That's my point.

And also, the "blue" struts that came on the MSP are not the same as the "Tokico Blue."
i am asking what springs should i get if i want less than an inch of drop, with the stock struts thanks (redpro)

Basically those springs do not exist man.

Last edited:
skunk2???anything besides tein and some ebay brands

Skunk2 on stock struts? All springs drop greater than an inch (he wants less). The Tanabe NF I have, which will be for sale soon, drop around 1", but they're designed for the P5, not the sedan. (second)

Tanabe GF in my sig (first)

ok i just want a drop not too crazy tho that i can use with my stock struts no more than 1.5 inches

I guess my point is that it is a waste to buy Illuminas to have them paired with Goldlines. Even HPs will provide a ton of damping for the Goldlines.

Just check the spring rates for which the HP's have been designed. It's 200/170 lb/in (front/rear) or something similar. That's my point.

And also, the "blue" struts that came on the MSP are not the same as the "Tokico Blue."

Basically those springs do not exist man.

Yeah I understand man. Goldlines arent the best for performance..but do you think its really worth raising the front end by putting on the MSP front struts? It would probably make my pocket happier for a little while because I could sell the goldlines, but I know I will be craving more of a drop.

all i am trying to figure out is what springs should i get for a mild drop with stock struts (redpro)

really, he cud get any he want. it wudnt get bad till a loooonnnnggg time, and depending on the spring rate, it wont be really bad ever. but ive never dealt with any hard springs(or either becuase they were progressive). i just dont know how bad the sh of lowering springs with stock shocks stinks. but i do know the sh of the light weight rear of the sedan with dampers stinks...

Last edited:
Ok i just picked up a set of MSP blues and the rb springs that come with them. now for some reason and i have read up on this i have the clunk in the front end. i also at the same time got the 21.5 mm AWR rear bar with the adj. endlinks... i guess my question to all of you is... is this a good set up for a DD, it should drop less than an inch... and what the hell is that clunk? the front end links?

the clunk is more thank likely the end links, yes. And that setup should be fine as a dd setup, considering it was stock w/ the MSP / MP3

Back