** Spring Buyer's Guide **

^If you're still interested in Ground Controls, let me know as I have a set FS for fairly cheap. If you are, I'll take pix to follow forum rules...

lets say i wanted to drop my protege lx sedan 1.4 inches front and rear.. should i buy lowering shocks or can i run the springs on stock shocks.

yeah i got b&g springs which says it will lower the car buy 1.4 inches front and rear.

i bought two rear shocks because they are busted out but i bought monroe shocks from canadian tire since i had a gift card.

so i should be fine right.. i dont want to install them and then have to buy new shocks

yeah i got b&g springs which says it will lower the car buy 1.4 inches front and rear.

i bought two rear shocks because they are busted out but i bought monroe shocks from canadian tire since i had a gift card.

so i should be fine right.. i dont want to install them and then have to buy new shocks

Just get the 2 fronts as well. My personal experience was that once I installed my first set of springs, I was faced with a painful realization that my old struts were really in bad shape.

Also, I don't want to discourage you, but I had experience with Monroe on another car, and they were crappy, even as stock replacements. Just spend the money, get the good s***. You'll be more happy.

I too tried to save money here and there, and in the end it's not worth it. I ended up paying twice. Peace.

thanks guys for the help... i might just put the springs on and replace the rear shocks since i have those parts.. i really cant afford to buy to buy front shocks at the moment.. hopefully if the fronts go and stuff i'll have enough money to get kyb shocks

thanks guys for the help... i might just put the springs on and replace the rear shocks since i have those parts.. i really cant afford to buy to buy front shocks at the moment.. hopefully if the fronts go and stuff i'll have enough money to get kyb shocks

That's cool man. I'm not made of money either, but it's damn nice to have something that is done properly.

i know this thred is mad old but could i get the racing beat springs for my 03 es and still be fine i just want a little drop like an inch or so but i dont want to have to get new struts too thanks

i know this thred is mad old but could i get the racing beat springs for my 03 es and still be fine i just want a little drop like an inch or so but i dont want to have to get new struts too thanks

So what exactly are you asking?

I am thinking about going with goldlines in the front paired with illuminas and MSP struts and springs in the rears. It will give me a little raked look..but I dont think I really want the front end lifted up as much as the MSP springs would do to it.

This also means I will have progressive springs up front and linear springs in the back. Kind of like what the Espelirs do.

I am thinking about going with goldlines in the front paired with illuminas and MSP struts and springs in the rears. It will give me a little raked look..but I dont think I really want the front end lifted up as much as the MSP springs would do to it.

This also means I will have progressive springs up front and linear springs in the back. Kind of like what the Espelirs do.
and then you would die :) completely mis matched suspension set up there

I'm pretty sure the Espelir springs do the opposite (i.e they are linear up front). And running Illuminas with Goldlines is crazy. Even HPs will overdamp Goldlines like crazy. Goldlines are too soft.

Just my thoughts. (nailbyt)

Back