Spots on Instrument Lens

kmacht

:
2018 Mazda CX-5
I bought a 2018 CX-5 2 months ago and am noticing spots on the plastic lens that covers the instruments. I have cleaned the interior with 303 but from what I read this isn't supposed to affect the clear plastic. They are small white spots that almost look like water spots on glass. I'm thinking that maybe it was something they cleaned the interior with when prepping the car. In any case I want to get them removed. Has anyone had anything similar and found a good product to remove the spots? No amount of water or rubbing seems to touch them. If I can't remove them, how hard is it to replace the plastic? I found one video online for a 2014 that shows taking the dash apart to get to the instrument cluster but the 2018 appears to go together differently as there aren't screws where they say they should be. I would rather not pay the dealer an hour of labor to replace it if I don't have to.

Keith

Trying using a damp non-abrasive cloth and rub gently on the plastic and see if that helps

I bought a 2018 CX-5 2 months ago and am noticing spots on the plastic lens that covers the instruments. I have cleaned the interior with 303 but from what I read this isn't supposed to affect the clear plastic. They are small white spots that almost look like water spots on glass. I'm thinking that maybe it was something they cleaned the interior with when prepping the car. In any case I want to get them removed. Has anyone had anything similar and found a good product to remove the spots? No amount of water or rubbing seems to touch them. If I can't remove them, how hard is it to replace the plastic? I found one video online for a 2014 that shows taking the dash apart to get to the instrument cluster but the 2018 appears to go together differently as there aren't screws where they say they should be. I would rather not pay the dealer an hour of labor to replace it if I don't have to.

Keith

Don't rub to hard or you will leave fine scratches that will annoy the heck out of you. Especially when the sun hits it the right way. I use lens cleaner and lens cloth for all my clear plastics and black piano trim.

Back