Spotify album artwork over USB- only shows for first track

tjthompson1

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
I recently bought a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring, and I'm having some issues with album art when playing Spotify over usb. When I initially start playing music, the album art displays correctly; however, when the first song finishes and the next track plays there is no album art displayed, rather the grey spotify note in a circle is in the album art box (the same one the app displays on the phone if it doesn't have album art for a song). What's even weirder is that if I skip ahead two songs and then back one, the album art shows up. When I play tracks from Apple's music app, the album art displays seamlessly.

My phone is an iphone 6s on ios 9.3.2, and my Spotify version is 5.7.0.1055.
My Mazda OS version is 55.00.760, and my Mazda music database version is 0.005.000

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does the lock screen album art work correctly? What kind of tracks are these (offline, radio, albums, etc)?

Last edited:
Does the lock screen album art work correctly? What kind of tracks are these (offline, radio, albums, etc)?

The lock screen album art works, but sometimes it takes a moment to load on the phone. There are often times when the album art loads on the lock screen but not on the head unit. Also, if I have my phone open and skip songs from my phone, the artwork generally shows up on the song I skipped to. It seems like the issue is only present after one song ends and the next one starts without any input on my end.

When playing in offline mode, no album art shows up at all. When playing saved or unsaved songs not in offline mode, the issue persist: album art for the first song displays, but nothing for the second song. So far I've played songs saved to my library and songs from playlists with no change.

I tried google play music last night and I did not run into this issue.

Back