Speed 3 exhaust fit Protege 5?

stulec52

Hi all,

first post, and could not find an answer to this in the search function.

So, my buddy has a 2008 Mazdaspeed3, and is changing out the exhaust system from the downpipe right to the back.
He is going to let me have it pretty cheap, but wonder if anyone has tried to fit such a thing to a Protege 5? mine is an 04 model.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated, or a flat out NO DON"T DO IT would be good too !!

thanks
Stu

oh, and as a P.S. I could possibly get a set of the 18inch rims as well, Would anyone know if they fit ?

You would have better luck cutting the muffler\resonator\tip out and having a shop weld them into place with new pipe.

The wheels should fit, I believe they are 18x7 52mm offset. Im not sure exactly what size stock rubber is and what you would be able to fit in the wheel well.

did you mean 02 or 03? Cause they didnt make a 04 P5 I dont think. And yeah the exhaust would work for ya. Better off just getting something else... they Greddy Evo2 catback and a midpipe sound pretty amazing if I do say so myself. Thats what I had one mine when I had it.

The wheels will fit....a few other members are or have run with them on the P5. And please do tell how you got an 04 model.

my bad, it is an 03 ( has the side repeater lenses on the front fenders)
but was bought new in 2004, I guess last stock from a dealer maybe?

anyways, thanks for the replies !
The main reason for 'choosing' that system would be the price !
Next to nothing was a good incentive to try it !

It's just my daily driver, but would like to treat her to some new parts.

thanks

the pro5 was actually in production for 3 years, but only sold as 02 and 03 model year's (they were available in 01 as an 02 model)

true but they can't start production on Jan 1st and have them ready by the 1st? They have to have them ready so I still stand that they were produced only for two years.. I'm sure they didn't stop production in December so was it produced for 2 years and not 3 years. Maybe 2.5 years but not 3.

as an example... they can sell a car on jan 1, 2008 as a 2009 model year. also, the protege5 was available in foreign markets long before it was offered here. so, i'm sure it was in production for much longer than 3 years. and were tlaking model years, not production years. technically, there were onyl two years of protege5: 2002 and 2003. but, production of them extends way beyond those years

as an example... they can sell a car on jan 1, 2008 as a 2009 model year. also, the protege5 was available in foreign markets long before it was offered here. so, i'm sure it was in production for much longer than 3 years. and were tlaking model years, not production years. technically, there were onyl two years of protege5: 2002 and 2003. but, production of them extends way beyond those years

eh im not includeing crap over the pound here. lol But generally speaking when people say it was produced for so many years they go by years of that model and not the actual assembly line production. Either I'm not trying to start an arguement on this but I think its safe to assume we know what each other means.

Last edited:
I was told by the dealer mine was in the last batch of that model to be made if that helps.
Either way though,, I think we all know the body shape, so without me test fitting to find out whether the exhaust will fit or not, has anyone done it? or know for saure it can or cannot be done?

thanks again for all the input !:D

Someone correct me if im wroung but doesn't the P5 exhuast exit on the right and the speed3 on the left? Obviously this is facing the back of the car.

Back