spacers for stock 19in wheels - sizes

There is actually a kit on ebay that includes 2 20mm and 2 25mm spacers for those that want that. I bought some different ones from another member on here but they are silver. What are your guys thoughts and painting them black? Should I just paint the outside edge and leave the mating surfaces alone or do you think it would be ok to paint the whole top side and edges? with the dark wheels of the 2016 I don't want a silver band behind the wheel. I should have waited for the V-projects to go back on sale. Oh well, live and learn.

ckScCpP.jpg

What did you use to paint them? Just rattle can Caliper or high heat paint? I've got a few cans of Engine enamel laying around that I was thinking of using. and did you prime before hand or just use the paint?

I cleaned, alcohol prepped them, taped off all areas not to be painted, and sprayed them with 2 or 3 coats of Rustoleum high temperature black grill paint.

Sorry for my ignorance but Why do most ppl recommend to use a torque wrench instead of an impact when installing spacers ?

I'm planning on installing mine this week end

Sorry for my ignorance but Why do most ppl recommend to use a torque wrench instead of an impact when installing spacers ?

an impact wrench should only be used to remove things on a car. Never for installing anything. You want to control the torque.

Many articles on Google that explains the reason, and here's an example link-http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a6613/torque-wrench-101-how-to-get-the-right-amount-of-force/

Basically, an impact gun can cause too much torque which can make it difficult to take a wheel off, and/ or strip lug nuts and studs, among other problems. Also, uneven torque can, as an example, can lead to lateral runout, or "warped" surfaces that can cause many issues, especially in conjunction with many hot/cold cycles (brakes heating up/cooling down during driving).

Last edited:

You should never use the impact wrench for putting the wheels/spacers on. They can be over torqued and brake the studs or warp the rotors. That being said, if you have an idea of what torque to lowest setting of your impact goes to, you could use that to speed the process of install. My little 3/8" drive air impact wrench goes on to about 60-70 Ft-lbs on the lowest setting, I use that to install the nuts but always go back over them with my torque wrench to make sure they are torqued to spec. Spec is 80-108 ft-lbs so I split the difference and use 94 ft-lbs.

this was a great thread and helped me decide on spacer. ordering some v project 20/25. What is the biggest tire anyone is running on the OEM 19" wheels?

Interesting discussion. I have a question. Is there any difference in the change in suspension loads (and possible affects on bearing life) of moving the wheels by changing the wheel offset versus installing spacers? I would think there isn't but like to hear any other opinions. Thanks.

Hi guys

Can I use 20mm front and 25mm rear on 235/55/19 on my Akera, GT in US. Any issues with rubbing of some sorts or no issues with rubbing.

Interesting discussion. I have a question. Is there any difference in the change in suspension loads (and possible affects on bearing life) of moving the wheels by changing the wheel offset versus installing spacers? I would think there isn't but like to hear any other opinions. Thanks.

Obviously, changing the offset to move the wheels out will increase load on the bearings, but if you are changing it the same amount with either wheel changes or adding spacers, then the only difference would be the combined weight of the wheel+spacer, vs. the new offset wheel alone. Whichever is heavier would induce higher angular momentum and so more wear.

Back