Source for rear brake parts (Kit)?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
Hello all, I am in need of some new rear rotors and pads I believe, I'm going to pull a wheel today and have a closer look at them. Anyhow, I live in Wisconsin and would really like to replace them with coated rotors like the Centric E-coated ones for better rust proofing. Anyone know of a good place to buy those? or something similar? What has everyone been using for rear brakes?

Back in June I replaced my rear brakes.I inspected everything prior and the rotors were in excellent shape (parallelism,thickness,surface finish) so I didn't replace them or even want to have them turned.The new pads had great "bite"from the get go, so no diminished braking from pads not burnished in yet.
I bought the pads from a mazda dealer in AZ thru ebay.The pads (OEM mazda made in japan, NOT the value pads) were $60 shipped and the pad guide /shim kit was $14 shipped.They came with the copper and black grease/antiseize.
The job would not have been done without the ~ $20 brake tool kit(ebay) for screwing in the caliper pistons which luckily I had the foresight to get ahead of time.The kit had tools to rotate the piston with left and right hand threads.
If you haven't already ,it might prove beneficial to search threads about rear brake change. Good Luck.

Hello all, I am in need of some new rear rotors and pads I believe, I'm going to pull a wheel today and have a closer look at them. Anyhow, I live in Wisconsin and would really like to replace them with coated rotors like the Centric E-coated ones for better rust proofing. Anyone know of a good place to buy those? or something similar? What has everyone been using for rear brakes?
Since you have a 2016 CX-5 with Electrical Parking Brake, you should consider to replace rear disk calipers with revised version to prevent possible rear disk dragging or even lock-up in the worst case scenario if you havent done so. See this TSB for details:

TSB R052/16C: Noise from REAR BRAKE/Trace of Rear Brake Dragging

You may have already known, but a maintenance mode is required due to the EPB while changing rear disk pads. And the caliper piston cant be turned like other rear disk brakes or the EPB mechanism inside of disk caliper could get damaged.

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

Since you have a 2016 CX-5 with Electrical Parking Brake, you should consider to replace rear disk calipers with revised version to prevent possible rear disk dragging or even lock-up in the worst case scenario if you haven*t done so. See this TSB for details:

TSB R052/16C: Noise from REAR BRAKE/Trace of Rear Brake Dragging

You may have already known, but a maintenance mode is required due to the EPB while changing rear disk pads. And the caliper piston can*t be turned like other rear disk brakes or the EPB mechanism inside of disk caliper could get damaged.

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

I know about the TSB and don't know if that's the issue that I'm having or not. I've checked the temps of the rotors before with my infared gun after driving and they weren't any different then the fronts so I'm thinking I don't have brake drag. I have 42K on the clock and I think I'm just due for brakes. Good note about the maintence mode. I recently relaced my wifes GLE350 brakes in a similar fashion, had to enter maintinence mode to do them. I don't have a caliper tool but I just used a large hand clamp to squeeze the caliper straight back. Do you think that would work for the mazda?

Unless the EPB calipers are different,the pistons screw(rotate) to retract.Forcing straight in with a clamp would damage the caliper.It would be beneficial to review experiences that others have posted and review procedure.

Ebay for the best deal (price war on brake hardware)

Hey is TRW the brake pad manufacturer for rear brakes on the CX-5 with electronic parking?...like on the Mazda6.

I find the rear TRW pads to have more surface area than 3 different aftermarket pads. That said, Ebay seems to have great pricing on OEM pads via Mazda dealership ebay storefronts and other sellers.

Hey is TRW the brake pad manufacturer for rear brakes on the CX-5 with electronic parking?...like on the Mazda6.

I find the rear TRW pads to have more surface area than 3 different aftermarket pads. That said, Ebay seems to have great pricing on OEM pads via Mazda dealership ebay storefronts and other sellers.

Sorry, don't know about the OEM supplier.

Unless the EPB calipers are different,the pistons screw(rotate) to retract.Forcing straight in with a clamp would damage the caliper.It would be beneficial to review experiences that others have posted and review procedure.

Are we sure on this? here is the excerpt from the maintenance mode procedure listed above:

Now go do whatever you need to do on the brakes, for the rear brake pistons DO NOT TURN THE PISTONS, compress them straight back like you would do the fronts. After they are compressed back make sure the grooves are lined up in perfect North South orientation per Mazda instructions use Lisle #28600 for minor adjustments only.

Clearly stating not to turn the pistons but only compressing the straight in. I really don't want to mess things up so if someone could clarify this for me that would be awesome.

My 2014 doesn't have EPB (electric parking brake) and the pistons rotate to retract ,hence the use of a tool.As I mentioned"unless the EPB calipers are different.......".Apparently yours are according to the maintenance mode procedure you listed.Just trying to give a "heads up" that all caliper pistons don't compress with a clamp.Somebody who has done 2016 and newer rear brakes could give you more accurate info.

Also My vin number is JM3KE4DY3G0622207, is my rear calipers effected by the TSB for the parking brake? Do I need to replace both of them or just the one side? do they both have electric parking brakes in them?

The range is 600015-866136. You can see the electronic module attached to the caliper. Why not do both while you're at it? It seems like a problem that might eventually come up. Mine stayed semi-locked on me twice and i didn't realize it until a mile down the road, lots of smoke and stink...

The range is 600015-866136. You can see the electronic module attached to the caliper. Why not do both while you're at it? It seems like a problem that might eventually come up. Mine stayed semi-locked on me twice and i didn't realize it until a mile down the road, lots of smoke and stink...
Agreed. If you read the description of the problem on the TSB, you should know the older version rear disk calipers will have dragging problem on EPB eventually. Id replace the rear disk calipers if Im going to work on rear brakes.

Just to calcify, all 2016 and newer CX-5s with EPB needs to set it to Maintenance Mode, and dont turn the caliper piston to push, but simply push it in without turning like the front disk calipers.

Back