Some kind of alarm?

Hey all,

Just picked up an msp that is pretty much junk due to rust but has good parts.

I was checking out this little box on the passenger side I have never seen before and snagged the ground. The thing started making alarm sounds until I grounded it again.

Here it is:

ce41d73dce3e3c1d259b92c80e7f90a5.jpg

Some kind of after market alarm? It's not very loud lol

Any help would be appreciated

Any idea how I would go about removing it?

Considering its an alarm system, I feel like just cutting it may not work... Possibly an internal battery or something :p I really don't know how alarms work ahah.

Last edited:
Look for the brand of the alarm and hopefully the model number, then look up the install instructions to find how to remove it.

Just fallow the wires, i pulled mine off cause the car kept turning on by it self. Didnt even know how alarams work, just starting cutting the wires off and turned out great.

It could be a gps. Most dealers put gps's in cars when they dont make a monthly payment they can shutdown the car, til they make the payment

It could be a gps. Most dealers put gps's in cars when they dont make a monthly payment they can shutdown the car, til they make the payment

Haha, never heard of that, sounds like something useful for the dealer... Unless you are trying to play some twisted joke there :p

I don't think a GPS can stop me from parting the car though :O

Hey all,

Just picked up an msp that is pretty much junk due to rust but has good parts.

I was checking out this little box on the passenger side I have never seen before and snagged the ground. The thing started making alarm sounds until I grounded it again.

Here it is:

ce41d73dce3e3c1d259b92c80e7f90a5.jpg

Some kind of after market alarm? It's not very loud lol

Any help would be appreciated

Had one of these before, it is a battery backup alarm, you will need the key to turn it off. Otherwise it will just sound off until the self contained battery is dead.

This was designed to combat a thief that would simply cut the power cable coming off of the battery in order to disable the other main alarm.

Had one of these before, it is a battery backup alarm, you will need the key to turn it off. Otherwise it will just sound off until the self contained battery is dead.

This was designed to combat a thief that would simply cut the power cable coming off of the battery in order to disable the other main alarm.

Ah, you see, I knew it wasn't going to be as simple as cutting the wires.

Do you think I can pull it apart without the key? It looks like its got 4 holes, guessing there are screws there to pull it apart.

I have the key to the car, perhaps it will open it?

Any idea how long the battery will last for? I pulled off the battery and it stated making a different alarming sound so I decided to leave it until my neighbors are sleeping and I can drain the battery inside.

Back