Solution To Flickering Fan Speed 2 or 3 A/C

Thanks for the INTEL. I have to turn to 4 and then slowly turn to 3 and then wiggle/turn for 2. Only 1 and 4 are trouble-free.

Edit: I Just Added A Pic With The Pinout Showing Which Wire Controls Which Speed... This May Help You Isolate The Problem Wire...

Attachments

• AC PINOUT.jpg
    AC PINOUT.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 844
No problem.

Trying this right now. (poke)

cool let me know if it works. sh!t i took a look at mine and it looks melted..... boo. hopefully theres something tha can be done cuz its fricken hot.

I may look into doing this. Where does the resister pack go just in case I have to go that route?

Now to find the thread that tells me how to remove the bezel to get to these controls! Speed 2 only works if I treat it REAL nice.

Now to find the thread that tells me how to remove the bezel to get to these controls! Speed 2 only works if I treat it REAL nice.
it's not to difficult...go behind the dash and release the two cables for the fan and heater controls...they can be a bit of a frustration...then you can pull the bezel off from the tow air vents, disconnect the wiring plugs and you're home free! i'll be doing mone this week..again

ooooo, good thread. Dunno why it took me this long to see it. It's a common enough problem that I think I'm going to sticky this for the time being, as it doesn't cost a retarded amount of money from the dealer to fix...

I finally found a solution to MY A/C flickering on position 2 and 3 problem. Canadian dealer wanted $420CND + taxes. US dealer would be around $190US....

This happens to me but with the A/C. It flickers in pos 2. I have to fiddle with it sometimes. It's solid in 1 3 4. Everytime i turn the knob and it passes through 2, the A/C flickers. And i hear the compressor too.

Once i was idling and was hearing the compressor activating/disactivating a lot. Too much. When i looked the A/C was flickering once per second. Like if it's a bad contact or something...

Also, I was lazy haha. I just pulled the face plate out as far as i could and unplugged the center switch and did it from there. I didn't remove the front face plate completely.

After I put it all back together, I asked myself...did i have to remove the 2 metal cables that control the vent opening and hot/cold ratio?

not necessarily, but removing them helps to give u more access to the harness...

i was having trouble popping each metal contact out of the harness so i ended up just taking a q-tip with rubbing alcohol on it and cleaning the tips as much as possible...then i would use the pliers to squeeze the contacts as much as possible...works fine that way too

Last edited:
You'd have to start a new thread. Hell, I'll even sticky that for a week or so just to get a good idea of people who've tried it. Link it in the first post so it can keep going past that. It does seem like most responses have been positive. Good work dude!

Back