Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Stop dissing my card MF'er!!!! :D
And stop saying how bad it is. I need to get a good return when I sell mine on eBay. (Where I bought mine...I did not pay full price).
hahaha
Agreed! :ROFLMAO:

The case, HDD, CPU cooler and fans all arrived on Monday and my son promptly called his buddy to come help him assemble it. It was up and running just after dinner, he just had to link his Smite account and set up some personal stuff before jumping in. He is loving it vs. Xbox and so am I as I don't have to scramble to try and find one before next Friday. haha

Just need to get an ARGB adapter so the 2060 and fans can "talk" in regards to lighting. He might just stick with the 27" Sammy for gaming, for now, and use a 24" vertically for schoolwork, etc. Have to see if his old Acer can "transform". Me, being the great dad that I am bought him the following for his monitor as well. :) It is compatible with the Aura Sync so the goal is to sync this kit with the fans, CPU cooler, MOBO and ram!

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...rt-Lighting-Strip-Starter-Kit/p/CD-9010001-NA

Will throw up some pics once we get the fans working properly. Still trying to figure out which adapter we need. Google is just confusing me. haha

I just installed my new RTX3080 and it’s a monster!

weird issue cropped up though. My Corsair Pro RAM was overclocked just fine to rated 3200 MHZ using ASUS TUF WiFi Gaming x570 mobo DOCP settings. Pop the RTX 3080 in there, fails post test. I reset BIOS to default settings, everything worked fine. Updated BIOS to latest firmware, and it still fails to post with DOCP enabled. Fudge! I’m guessing it’s the RAM not playing nice anymore.

Agreed! :ROFLMAO:

The case, HDD, CPU cooler and fans all arrived on Monday and my son promptly called his buddy to come help him assemble it. It was up and running just after dinner, he just had to link his Smite account and set up some personal stuff before jumping in. He is loving it vs. Xbox and so am I as I don't have to scramble to try and find one before next Friday. haha

Just need to get an ARGB adapter so the 2060 and fans can "talk" in regards to lighting. He might just stick with the 27" Sammy for gaming, for now, and use a 24" vertically for schoolwork, etc. Have to see if his old Acer can "transform". Me, being the great dad that I am bought him the following for his monitor as well. :) It is compatible with the Aura Sync so the goal is to sync this kit with the fans, CPU cooler, MOBO and ram!

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/iCUE-LS100-Smart-Lighting-Strip-Starter-Kit/p/CD-9010001-NA

Will throw up some pics once we get the fans working properly. Still trying to figure out which adapter we need. Google is just confusing me. haha

awesome!!! Best part? Going down the PC path and not looking back at console :D

I’ve been an exclusive Xbox player since they were first released and finally made the switch to PC. Great stuff in both worlds but super happy making the investment in PC

Stop dissing my card MF'er!!!! :D
And stop saying how bad it is. I need to get a good return when I sell mine on eBay. (Where I bought mine...I did not pay full price).
hahaha

LOL - It's a perfectly fine card I am not dissing the performance. It was just about $100-$200 more than it should have been MSRP.

I have a 2080 Super and have never felt it was lacking. It loads web pages lightning fast! :geek:
LOL - yeah its a perfectly fine card.

I just installed my new RTX3080 and it’s a monster!

weird issue cropped up though. My Corsair Pro RAM was overclocked just fine to rated 3200 MHZ using ASUS TUF WiFi Gaming x570 mobo DOCP settings. Pop the RTX 3080 in there, fails post test. I reset BIOS to default settings, everything worked fine. Updated BIOS to latest firmware, and it still fails to post with DOCP enabled. Fudge! I’m guessing it’s the RAM not playing nice anymore.
Hmm that's too bad. Zen platforms benefit greatly from RAM overclocking.

Hmm that's too bad. Zen platforms benefit greatly from RAM overclocking.
Right? I’m going to try some Ryzen DRAM calculator I found a couple of hours ago, pop those values in manually. Some overclocking forum I stumbled on poo-poos heavily on DOCP with AMD cpus

I’ve been an exclusive Xbox player since they were first released and finally made the switch to PC. Great stuff in both worlds but super happy making the investment in PC
Lifelong PC gamer. At one point I got tired of chasing the upgrade trail and got a PS3 when it came out. That lasted maybe 2 years and I came right back.

Success! After a ton of trial and error, I got my RAM at 3200 MHz again. I had to bump the voltage on them from the 1.35 provided by DOCP to 1.38. I have no idea why 1.35 volts was fine with the 2070 Super but now 1.38 is required with the 3080. Running MeMbench on it now and not getting any errors.

Hopefully that voltage isn’t too high. I’d have to bump the RAM back down to 2933 MHz with DOCP disabled, voltage around 1.33 to get it stable with lower voltage.

My son has now fallen down this rabbit hole. He says everyday how much more he enjoys PC over the console. Have a feeling he will be looking to upgrade the GPU next summer. Still on the hunt for another monitor and that damn ARGB adapter.

I have no experience with any of the other mechanical keyboards out there with RGB lighting but my son is loving the Razer that was recommended! He now has a dozen different lighting sequences saved......so cool! My fave has to be dueling light sabers followed by lightning.

Hate to say (no, I don't) I told you so on the mech keyb.
Dueling light sabe.... what?!?!? SHould have put that one on my Xmas list. :D

I'm the IT guy at my job and in life in general so the go to guy for questions. I an seeing a big trend the past 6 months with at least 6 parents coming to me "Little Johnny wants a gaming PC?".
I think a big art is of the rise of stream gaming and e-Sports and Twitch. Yea, you can do all that on a console but no question it's easier on a PC. and better.
Not sure about how this gen console is addressing it.

LOL, it was a great recommendation and the price was right too! Thanks again!

Took a short video but it is still too large to attach. Will keep trying.

Hate to say (no, I don't) I told you so on the mech keyb.
Dueling light sabe.... what?!?!? SHould have put that one on my Xmas list. :D

I'm the IT guy at my job and in life in general so the go to guy for questions. I an seeing a big trend the past 6 months with at least 6 parents coming to me "Little Johnny wants a gaming PC?".
I think a big art is of the rise of stream gaming and e-Sports and Twitch. Yea, you can do all that on a console but no question it's easier on a PC. and better.
Not sure about how this gen console is addressing it.
I'm not sure that's the entire story. I know plenty of people coming in to PC that play games that are also on consoles so I am really not sure. The Twitch factor I can see. e-Sports feel more niche to me though, but what do I know.

If the crowds at the local Micro Center which I have shopped at for 10+ years now are any indication, PCs as a hobby are just becoming very mainstream. That place is always busy now vs 10 years ago. Hell, watercooling used to be a very niche enthusiast hobby and now you can browse reddit and people are putting together hard-line water loops for their first PC.

I'm not sure that's the entire story. I know plenty of people coming in to PC that play games that are also on consoles so I am really not sure. The Twitch factor I can see. e-Sports feel more niche to me though, but what do I know.
Didn't say it was the only reason, bro. But it is certainly a big reason. eSports is surely getting way more mainstream.

What are we gaming these days? I fell down the Rocket League rabbit hole. I first saw that games years ago and thought... car soccer??? Lame. Not my kind of game. One of my friends got into it... "You gotta' try it!" Nah... surely I will suck at that game. Not my type and I have no skills for that... I'll just get slaughtered. Then it became Free to Play. And I tried.....

They hype is real. Easy to pick up, hard to master but so seriously fun I'm sad I didn't try it so many years ago. Anyone else?

Didn't say it was the only reason, bro. But it is certainly a big reason. eSports is surely getting way more mainstream.

What are we gaming these days? I fell down the Rocket League rabbit hole. I first saw that games years ago and thought... car soccer??? Lame. Not my kind of game. One of my friends got into it... "You gotta' try it!" Nah... surely I will suck at that game. Not my type and I have no skills for that... I'll just get slaughtered. Then it became Free to Play. And I tried.....

They hype is real. Easy to pick up, hard to master but so seriously fun I'm sad I didn't try it so many years ago. Anyone else?
I haven’t tried Rocket League yet. I’m currently hooked on Sea of Thieves. 2020 was the year I nearly became a Pirate Legend 😂

Seriously? STILL playing that game? Bro....
My friend from Colorado just texted me yesterday a screenshot from Sea Of Thieves. I'm going to look into that.

Seriously? STILL playing that game? Bro....
My friend from Colorado just texted me yesterday a screenshot from Sea Of Thieves. I'm going to look into that.
Dude I can't get any new parts to build a new PC. I really want to play Cyberpunk, but no way do I want to play it on low or something.

Yes I have 1200 hours in that game since 2014.

Edit: I should note that the server I play on (Hard), periodically mods new zombie/enemy types in, messes with settings (most recent was to make it pretty much pitch black at night), etc. so it does keep the game somewhat fresh. Max level is 300 and I am still only at 144.

Last edited:
Probably better to wait on CPunk anyways. They got bugs to work out.

I think the 2 of you Ruth and Colorado should check out Rocket League and we can be a team in the 3v3's. TEAM MAZDA. :D

Probably better to wait on CPunk anyways. They got bugs to work out.

I think the 2 of you Ruth and Colorado should check out Rocket League and we can be a team in the 3v3's. TEAM MAZDA. :D
I've heard that, but my buddy who plays it on PC said he has had no issues, so puts me a little at ease. Still no parts for new PC, so no newer games.

I'll take a look. Sports aren't really my thing, but always looked like an interesting game.

Back