So much want!!!!!! (not a mazda product)

Sir mix-a-lot would be proud of that statement. I am thinking hot hatch for my 5's replacement. Dare I say Focus St?

Hot hatch is great
Loved my mazdaspeed3
Went to the ford drive event and didn't like the focus or fiesta st interior

I am looking forward to the type r Honda 300 5 door hatchback

My tsx wagon has two kids in car seats for long road trips
Depends on how tall you are to make rear legroom an issue

I'd love a hatch again, I do love hatches. But I will only have one vehicle. Neither my wife or I like SUV's (or CUV's) and I don't like van's (M5 didn't feel like a minivan). I tried to like Ford's Transit Connect and went to go look at them. But nope, the feeling wasn't there. I need rear leg room, it's important, and a small hatch, or a small SUV (which is what I'll be able to afford IF I wanted one) will not cut it. Sorry guys, but it's a sedan, I don't see another sensible choice out there.

I'd love a hatch again, I do love hatches. But I will only have one vehicle. Neither my wife or I like SUV's (or CUV's) and I don't like van's (M5 didn't feel like a minivan). I tried to like Ford's Transit Connect and went to go look at them. But nope, the feeling wasn't there. I need rear leg room, it's important, and a small hatch, or a small SUV (which is what I'll be able to afford IF I wanted one) will not cut it. Sorry guys, but it's a sedan, I don't see another sensible choice out there.

Taurus SHO?

Why not a 3 or 5 series wagon or E wagon? German upkeep does carry a heaftier tag if you don't DIY. Depending on your needs, a sedan will do just fine. Many families live with a Sedan, I’m sure you can too. Might have to adjust a little, make compromises, and just accept your limits. The silhouette of a sedan is very sexy.

I have a hard time justifying why we should keep the Mz5 b/c we really don’t’ use the 2 seats in the back nor do we have a need carry a lot of cargo. Wife really wants a sedan. Who knows. Good luck with you car.

Um, Accord or Legacy?

Last edited:
Wait, you lead off with a post picturing a V70R and now you are settling with a sedan?! (gah) haha, sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Sorry to hear of your accident and hope you are feeling ok. I just went through a similar situation and it sux but my decision was easier as it was a third car so I replaced a Miata with a Miata.

I feel your pain and love me a sexy wagon, why I still enjoy looking at the P5 sitting in my driveway. I know real life happens and you may just have to settle for a sedan right now but there have been some pretty good choices mentioned in here. I say to get out there and test drive them all first.

Understand your hesitation towards the Jetta wagon but have to say the guys over on m.net seem to love them. I myself will never own another VW but not for electrical gremlin reasons. The CTS-V is just beautiful but not budget friendly for most anyway. And I've always loved the BMW, Mercedes and Audi and while googling(?) some of them I came across this on Jalopnik, kind of interesting. http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-and-bmw-are-tricking-people-into-buying-statio-1671846336

It's too bad there wasn't higher demand for a 'traditional' wagon in NA, maybe then Mazda would have brought over the third gen 6 wagon!

Last edited:
If they brought a mz6 wagon over here, I would totally buy it. Make it awd with 3 pedals too.

All I have to say is that with kids sliding doors rule and suvs are just raised wagons anyways.

Why not a 3 or 5 series wagon or E wagon? German upkeep does carry a heaftier tag if you don't DIY.

Yeah, that DIY thing wont work for me (as of right now that I know of), that's why I haven't even considered them.

Depending on your needs, a sedan will do just fine. Many families live with a Sedan, I’m sure you can too. Might have to adjust a little, make compromises, and just accept your limits. The silhouette of a sedan is very sexy.

Yeah, I think we'll be ok with a sedan. I mean some have 3 kids and use a sedan! I figure with one (and I don't think we'll be having any more) we should be fine. I really like the 5 because it was unique and quirky (at least I thought so). Even the cop that wrote the accident report asked what kind of car it was!

I have a hard time justifying why we should keep the Mz5 b/c we really don’t’ use the 2 seats in the back nor do we have a need carry a lot of cargo. Wife really wants a sedan. Who knows.

Yeah, looks like a sedan will fit your needs fine.

Good luck with you car.

Thank you.

Um, Accord or Legacy?

I'll reveal (yeah, like I'm that important lol) what sedan we settled on.

Wait, you lead off with a post picturing a V70R and now you are settling with a sedan?! (gah) haha, sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Yeah, I really did like that Volvo, but talking with it's second owner told me all I needed to know: stay away!

Sorry to hear of your accident and hope you are feeling ok. I just went through a similar situation and it sux but my decision was easier as it was a third car so I replaced a Miata with a Miata.

The wife was the one in the accident. We are just so glad my daughter wasn't in it. But my wife is doing much better, still don't want to drive yet.

I feel your pain and love me a sexy wagon, why I still enjoy looking at the P5 sitting in my driveway. I know real life happens and you may just have to settle for a sedan right now but there have been some pretty good choices mentioned in here. I say to get out there and test drive them all first.

I was planning on maybe getting a Mazda2 once the Mazda5 was paid off, but that's out the door now.

Understand your hesitation towards the Jetta wagon but have to say the guys over on m.net seem to love them. I myself will never own another VW but not for electrical gremlin reasons.

I did drive a Jetta in Hawaii when we had it as a rental. But never did try a TDI. Still, I'm still worried about VW quality issues. May I ask why you wont own another VW? Deanship experience maybe?

The CTS-V is just beautiful but not budget friendly for most anyway.

Yes, I agree!

And I've always loved the BMW, Mercedes and Audi and while googling(?) some of them I came across this on Jalopnik, kind of interesting. http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-and-bmw-are-tricking-people-into-buying-statio-1671846336

Yeah but SUV just suck more gas, larger and heavier then is needed. And really don't have much more interior space.

It's too bad there wasn't higher demand for a 'traditional' wagon in NA, maybe then Mazda would have brought over the third gen 6 wagon!

Yeah, that is one sexy wagon!

Back