Snow Tires Cx-7 Awd

nic8137

HI Everyone-
Regarding snow tires for the cx-7. As we all know you cant drive on snow with the stock turanzas they are horrible. I went to investigate a good traction snow tire. The tire man told me that the Blizzak snow tire will be great. It was an exact fit to my tires now. Living in new york and expecting some snow this week should be fun to test out. He said he used to live in colorado and used this tire and said it was great traction....Any comments to the purchase??

i got the blizzak lm-25 4x4 on my cx-7... the first weekend i put them on it snowed like crazy (10 cms), and boy did it perform well.. i love them... you wont regtret them..

The Blizzak is probably the best snow/ice traction tire on the market, you will love them. The only knock on them is they wear quickly. You might only get 2 or 3 winters out of them.

I have done preliminary searches on comparisons between the Blizzaks and the Nokians. I am finding a 50/50 split. Some pages claim results showing the Blizzaks a clear winner and the Nokians not very good. Other pages are the polar opposite, showing results that claim the Nokians far superior and the Blizzaks inferior.

Either way - I have no basis of comparison between snow tires since this is my first set ever. All I can say is it's a VAST improvement over the stock all-season tires.

I don't even know if there's a "definitive" way to objectively compare one tire against another. There are so-many factors that can change the results. Some cars may perform better with one tire over another... but yet the same tires on a DIFFERENT car may have opposing results. Different roads, driving styles, etc.

If there *IS* a definitive, scientific way to determine superiority, I have yet to see it on the web.

Until then, the Nokians are the BEST (only) winter tires I've ever owned. :)

well compared to my toyo g-02 i had.. the sound is deff better with my blizzaks.. the g-02 i could hear the tires they were loud... wit my blizzak lm25 4x4 i dont hear a sound.. and theses tires actually seem to perform better than those goodyear stock tires we got on dry roads too.. hahaha..

snow tire updates-

Hey guys-

thanks to everyone who replied to my snow tire issue. The blizzaks so far are awesome. We had some slush/ice today and I had them put on this morning what a tremdous difference from the stock turanzas. I will out those back on in the spring. I def. recommend the blizzaks so far. And yes they are pretty quiet tire. I did have a little shimmy in the front end this afternoon brough it back in and they just had to rebalance all is fine now!

cx-7 tires

I'm very disappointed in the Goodyear Eagle Tires- have to replace at 18k- which i hate to do since its a lease- the dealer claims its the sport suspension that eats up the tires- is Mazda admitting or giving any discounts on new tires

michelin pirelli conti make the best winter product,

pirelli scorpion ice is OE approval on Cayenne, volvo, land rover, etc......

michelin pirelli conti make the best winter product,

pirelli scorpion ice is OE approval on Cayenne, volvo, land rover, etc......

Next to the Bridgestone Blizzak and Nokian which are by far the best winter tires on the market.

Back