Smart keyless

supreme220

:
cx 9 grand touring
I have a 09 cx 9 touring i would like to know how easy are these cars to add on to i would like to add smart keyless and other things. Do i need to program after install or just plug and play?

Unfortunately it is HIGHLY likely you would need a completely different vehicle wiring harness or harnesses. I have seen on this forum that just for one option, a vehicle will have a different harness than the other.

Although some vehicles have fog light plugs behind the bumper with no fogs, it seems the cx-9 has individual wiring harnesses for specific options in the vehicle.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanx for the input. I guess you are the only person that like to help out a new person and welcome them.

No problem. Another thought on that: not only the vehicle wiring harness, but the chrome door handles with the push button for advanced keyless system, your doors (front doors and liftgate) would not have the wiring for those buttons. (there is a rubber button under the liftgate too)

no problem. Another thought on that: Not only the vehicle wiring harness, but the chrome door handles with the push button for advanced keyless system, your doors (front doors and liftgate) would not have the wiring for those buttons. (there is a rubber button under the liftgate too)

wow..that's a lot of work.

Thanx for the input. I guess you are the only person that like to help out a new person and welcome them.

No he's not the only one that wants to welcome you, glad you are here with us. As for being able to answer your questions, not all of us know a lot about the vehicle including myself, but together all of us are learning. helgigtw and ceric are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful here, and will be able to give you an excellent detailed answers in most cases.

Welcome #5 here. You will really enjoy this group of CX 0 enthusiats, plus learn almost everything about your car as well. Kind of along the same line of discussion is the high cost of replacing a "lost" smart card-key! Do to this high-tech device's micro-technology be prepared to shell out about $500 Big Ones at a dealers parts dept. My wife and I have lost one of our two smart keys and are facing those numbers IF we lose our remaining key. I have had the metal key duplicated for just that occasion but hope to replace the whole unit someday. Anyone with suggestions about this replacement will be very much appreciated.

Back