Slow NA Pro5 build

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
It was actually pretty messy but I wanted something oily to soak into the rust and help repel water.

50% roofing tar and 50% grease. Heat it on the stove to stir together and thin it out then spread it on with a paintbrush.

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
Yea, a lot of great build threads were lost.
People didn't want to pay.

I managed to download most of my pictures back from them before I was denied access but they were hard to replace back into the threads.

:
Mazda protege5
Finished the 'interior' woohoo!! The carpet is kinda messy looking but was as good as I could get it, i ended up using spray adhesive for the carpet. Way easier and I didn't even know it existed until today. Really weird having carpet again after so long, but it makes me appreciate it all the more [emoji23]

:
Mazda protege5
Well tough day for ole yeller, he fought his way through the snow up to Seattle and back and then right before canyon, one patch of black ice and it's a tailspin into the guardrail[emoji24]. I would like to think I saved him as best I could, but I've never 'drifted' (lol) before and honestly just tapped the brakes and tried to steer the front sway from the railing. Well hopefully he's not totaled but the quarter panel and passenger door are junk now, first pick was after he made it to the jobsite in Seattle.

Riot_Polizei

Comp Engineering Student
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. How about the body? Have you been able to check and see if it's still straight?

Either way, glad you're unharmed. It's theoretically easier to fix a car than to fix a human, after all.

:
Mazda protege5
Thanks man, the body seems straight, I didn't notice any abnormalities on the way home after that. Left turns felt a little weird but I'm hoping it's just an alignment issue. Doors will be easy, the rear quarter panel is what scares me. I'm sending it to a shop through the ins. hopefully they don't total the poor fella

:
Mazda protege5
Hey does anyone have the passenger side doors for sale, preferably yellow but any color will work, ima try to have the shop fix the rear quarter panel and wheel well and then do the doors myself. Thanks guys

:
Mazda protege5
Well nothing happening except dealing with ins., I'm still waiting for the final say so but it sounds like they are gunna total it[emoji22]. I'm gunna try to buy it back doing on how much they decide to give me for it, but in the mean time ima be looking for another yellow p5 to daily.....or maybe a white one. Also if anyone has a yellow front passenger door for sale I will buy it, the shop quotes 500$ just for the door shell so f*** that[emoji23]

:
Mazda protege5
Finally got the insurance on board so now I'm hunting for a new p5 while I beat the piss outta yeller with a sledge and whatever else works. I got started on the main squish spot and managed to work that out a bit, it's not gunna be pretty but as long as it doesn't look like I just smashed it I'll be happy. Also took off the bumper and found a surprising amount of rust on the....... uh........ actual bumper...uh.....the metal piece..? Idk what it is honestly haha, pics coming soon

Last edited:
:
Mazda protege5
Made some more progress, I won't be able to get much closer to the wheel well area because it's kinda tight in there, but the worst of it is pulled.... kinda

:
Mazda protege5
#beatertrack car was the plan from the get go with yeller, someday in the far future he'll get some love. Now I just have an excuse to buy another [emoji23][emoji23]