SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

:
2017 Mazda 6 Sport
The UoA says 1 for Moly. LiquidMoly per the manufacturer claims it contains MoS2, hence the name. A reading of 1 is practically non existent.
Nothing says it contains moly:

Modern premium-class fuel-efficient engine oil, which especially has been developed for the year-round use in Asian and American vehicles. The combination of unconventional base oils using synthetic technology together with the latest additive technology guarantees a motor oil that provides exceptional protection against wear, reduces oil and fuel consumption and keeps the engine clean while ensuring fast oil penetration of the engine.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto
Nothing says it contains moly:

Modern premium-class fuel-efficient engine oil, which especially has been developed for the year-round use in Asian and American vehicles. The combination of unconventional base oils using synthetic technology together with the latest additive technology guarantees a motor oil that provides exceptional protection against wear, reduces oil and fuel consumption and keeps the engine clean while ensuring fast oil penetration of the engine.
I stand corrected! I should’ve looked for the specific product used.

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Here's my latest. After I did all the work with the valve cover and OCV gaskets, plus the transmission drain/fill and re-sealing the pan, I was about 1/2 quart low and we were about to go on a road trip. So I decided to go ahead and change the oil at ~6,200 miles. I did find the OCV itself leaking above the valve cover, so I need to replace that. But hopefully I have at least reduced some of the oil loss I was seeing. Still looking good so far at ~113,000 miles.

Capture.JPG

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Here's my latest. After I did all the work with the valve cover and OCV gaskets, plus the transmission drain/fill and re-sealing the pan, I was about 1/2 quart low and we were about to go on a road trip. So I decided to go ahead and change the oil at ~6,200 miles. I did find the OCV itself leaking above the valve cover, so I need to replace that. But hopefully I have at least reduced some of the oil loss I was seeing. Still looking good so far at ~113,000 miles.

View attachment 295612
I bet you’re using Mazda moly oil, aren’t you? (y)

:
CX5 GT
Thats what I have found from another forum on new oil uoa.
0w20 Mazda Moly

viscosity at 40c - 35.852.
ALUMINUM 0
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 0
COPPER 0
LEAD 0
TIN 0
MOLYBDENUM 664
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 0
BORON 266
SILICON 6
SODIUM 4
CALCIUM 2318
MAGNESIUM 18
PHOSPHORUS 732
ZINC 842
BARIUM 0
INSOLUBLES 0
WATER 0
FLASHPOINT ºF 430
SUS VIS 210ºF 53.6
cSt @ 100ºF 8.37

:
CX5 GT
The test was done long time ago. I can only guess they either bumped up a bit the moly or there is slight variation in batches.
On my past 4x different tests Moly is from 590 to 700 :) Notice that I dont even drive that much between oil changes. Go figure.

Nevertheless the oils with so much Moly (600+) that I know are the Mazda oem and Toyota oem 0w20.

Attachments

• 20210224_205018.jpg
    20210224_205018.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: