Sirius Radio

New member here and need some info from the experts. I recently purchased a 2009 Sport Touring S. This is my first car with "integrated" satellite radio. My other vehicles have the portable units.
One thing I can't figure out is if the factory unit can "save" songs like the $30 portable units. I know it has an instant replay feature, but I assumed it would also have the ability to save a certain number of songs and find them if they were on the air. The owners manual does not discuss this feature.

Has anyone figured out if this feature is available?

New member here and need some info from the experts. I recently purchased a 2009 Sport Touring S. This is my first car with "integrated" satellite radio. My other vehicles have the portable units.
One thing I can't figure out is if the factory unit can "save" songs like the $30 portable units. I know it has an instant replay feature, but I assumed it would also have the ability to save a certain number of songs and find them if they were on the air. The owners manual does not discuss this feature.

Has anyone figured out if this feature is available?

Hello.

It basically comes down to if you have navigation or not. If you have the standard audio radio (w/o navigation), then you have instant replay only.

If you have a navigation radio, then you have instant replay, song seek, artist seek, game alert, and channel browsing. I found a link on Mazda's website that explains Sirius Radio for navigation models. All navigation models are the same for any 2009 Mazda vehicles. I love this nav unit with Sirius. It is simply awesome. There is no other OEM installed system that is better on the market.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayOwnersManual.action?mov=d_4&vtype=nav

Thanks ROC.
I checked out the Mazda6 tutorial for audio units w/o navigation and you are correct, there is no song storage on these units. After reviewing the tutorial for the navigation unit, I'm sorta wondering if I should have gotten the navigation system after all. It is pretty slick...

Back