Single Remote Programming

toshka

:
2008 Mazda 2
Hi guys,

I just purchased a used 2008 Mazda2 *yay*, but I am having issues with the remote.

I only got 1 key; the flipkey with remote, but the buttons do not work. I don't think it's the battery as the little red light turns on when I push a button, but my car doesn't respond.
I think I may have been given an un-programmed remote :|

Is there anyway to program a single remote, without another functional remote?
Or do I need to pay someone to do it for me?

Many thanks in advance.

Just on that note, I've found some instructions for programming a remote from another one, which I thought I'd give it a go anyway..
But the very first step where it says to leave the door open and lock/unlock 3 times via the door button, I actually couldn't make the button lock while the door was open!

So even if I had a functional key and wanted to make a spare, I wouldn't be able to follow those instructions.

You have to open and shut the door 3 times, I think you may have misread or are using the wrong instructions.

1. Open the drivers door and leave open.

2. Lock and unlock doors using the only door switch on the Mazda 2's (Located in the middle console, near the hand brake lever). Make sure the doors are in the unlock position.

3. Enter a programmed remote key into the ignition and turn to the ON position (dash lights will light up) and back to the OFF position quickly 3 times, at the 3rd time make sure the key is in the OFF position and the leave the key in the ignition.

4. Now close and open the drivers door 3 times and on the 3rd time leave the door open. You should hear and see the Door Locks, lock and unlock (no horn chirp on my model some may have a horn chirp as well). Step 3 and Step 4 must all be done within 20 seconds.

5. Now click the lock or unlock button twice on the remote key in the ignition (it should either lock or unlock, depending on which button you chose).

6. Now click the lock or unlock button twice on the new remote key it should either lock or unlock, depending on which button you chose).

7. Your key should now be programmed, remove the key from the ignition to end the programming mode. If it did not work, wait 2 minutes and restart procedure from the beginning.

Hello,

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

I only have 1 key/remote.

The remote is not programmed, and I cannot *copy* the programming from another remote because I don't have another one.

Also, on my 2008 Mazda2, the door lock latch is on the door itself, and when the driver door is open it does not allow me to lock/unlock. The latch is stiff in the unlock position.

Hello,

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

I only have 1 key/remote.

The remote is not programmed, and I cannot *copy* the programming from another remote because I don't have another one.

Also, on my 2008 Mazda2, the door lock latch is on the door itself, and when the driver door is open it does not allow me to lock/unlock. The latch is stiff in the unlock position.

Hi Bud

Sorry to revive this thread but i'm now stuck in the exact predicament, Did you ever get this right?

Thanks.

I have the same problem, the only way of fixing this from what i know of, is going to the dealership and have them program the key. For me in Canada i was looking at almost 500$ to get a brandnew programmed key, which later i could copy that to my old key.

Latest posts

Back