Simplified. What percentage off the CX-5 sticker?

In my area, Mazda is offering either 0.9% special financing or $1,000 off without the special financing. Would you consider that $1,000 to be part of the 10% or after it?

In my area, Mazda is offering either 0.9% special financing or $1,000 off without the special financing. Would you consider that $1,000 to be part of the 10% or after it?
I wouldn't. I would consider that a variable promotion depending which option you choose. Even on the Mazda web site that's lumped in with the other "Special Offers" which vary depending on your eligibility or promotion choice. Therefore I'd say after.

I definitely wouldn’t. Incentives are from the manufacturer or regional distributor, not the dealer. Costs them nothing and doesn’t reduce their profit to pass it through. Arguably an advantage to them in making prices more competitive, increasing their sales. You can easily get this reduction from any local participating dealer.

Dealer price includes the amount they reduce the asking price from MSRP less Incentives, definitely ’skin off their nose’, and reducing net sales proceeds. Such sales price concessions are the result of negotiations with the dealer, and have to be arranged individually with each dealer.

I didn't trade anything in. The email solicitation method and timing at the end of the month (or in my case, end of the year) works. See attached bill of sale.

Attachments

• Bill of Sale.jpg
    Bill of Sale.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 344
2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve
MSRP - $36,435
Selling price - $30,700 (not including taxes or fees)
16% off
Almost the exact same offer for me this week...
MSRP - $36,535
Selling Price: $30,391 (not including taxes or fees) (Does include incentives)
16.8% off

Why does Mazda include a "Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee" of $1100 as part of the MSRP? Doesn't each dealership determine its own delivery/handling fee? For instance, my local dealership charged $479 for that, not $1100.
I believe the $1100 is included in the TOTAL MSRP. It's what Mazda charges to deliver the vehicle to the dealer. That's why MSRP is Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. That doesn't mean it's what you are paying for the vehicle. Total negotiated sales price less any eligible rebates is what you ultimately pay for a delivered vehicle.

What each dealer charges or doesn't charge beyond that other than TTL and what they choose to call it as part of their paperwork is up to the dealer.

My dealer did not charge any additional delivery/handling fee. Additional added beyond my total negotiated sales price less eligible rebates, was state sales tax, state tire tax, registration/title fees, & a documentary fee of $144.

Almost the exact same offer for me this week...
MSRP - $36,535
Selling Price: $30,391 (not including taxes or fees) (Does include incentives)
16.8% off
Your post indicates that you are "not including fees".
You should be including any dealer-charged fees into your total selling price.

For instance, if the dealer charges a $1000 "doc fee", your actual selling price is $31,391.

For instance, if the dealer charges a $1000 "doc fee", your actual selling price is $31,391.
The problem is that every state has different rules for doc fees; just like they all have different sales tax rates

The problem is that every state has different rules for doc fees; just like they all have different sales tax rates
It doesn't matter!

You need to include ALL dealer-charged fees in the total selling price and exclude all government-mandated taxes/fees.

Dealer doc fees are just another form of profit for the dealer. I don't care if the fee is $50 or $5000, I just care about the TOTAL price including all dealer fees.
This is why anyone posting here should include such fees in their "total selling price".

I didn't include the fees in this post because I was trying to follow the guidelines of this thread (post #1) by eliminating the wide-ranging fees from the equation, and compare offers based on % off of dealer msrp.
The existing “What did you pay for your new CX-5?” thread is all over the board. Some included tax. Some didn’t. Some included incentives others didn’t. Can we devote this thread to an approximation of the percentage off sticker price.

For example...
If the vehicle MSRP sticker was 30k.
You talked him down 2k.
Then you had a incentive off of 1k.
Then you had a additional rebate of 1k.
That would be A total of 4 k off the sticker price. Which totals about 12% off sticker.
This way I will have a idea about my best possible negotiating percentage off of any model I choice. (Which includes negotiation, rebate, loyalty And anything Mazda can throw at you)
But if it helps anyone further on this thread, here is the total with "service fees":
New 2020 Mazda CX-5 GTR in Machine Gray Metallic
MSRP - $36,535
Net Selling Price: $30,391
Services Fee: $297
Total: $30,688
16% off
Purchased mid-Jan 2021.

I didn't include the fees in this post because I was trying to follow the guidelines of this thread (post #1) by eliminating the wide-ranging fees from the equation, and compare offers based on % off of dealer msrp.

But if it helps anyone further on this thread, here is the total with "service fees":
MSRP - $36,535
Services Fee: $297
16% off
Purchased mid-Jan 2021.
You need to show the incentives and not count them in percentage off. They vary by location and are constantly changing.

You need to show the incentives and not count them in percentage off. They vary by location and are constantly changing.
Got it. These forums were very helpful to me as I navigated my recent new car purchase. So I'm happy to help contribute to the confidence of others, and serve as a model of how this thread should look. It might help if someone could pin the exact formula that is desired at the top. I've corrected the % off, which does not include the incentives now.

MSRP - $36,535
Discounts: $4144
Incentives & Rebates: $2000
Non-Gov Service Fees: $297
11.25% off

Total MSRP was $35,880 for a Machine grey GTR. OTD was $34,950. It first I felt like I paid way too much but, in rereading many of the respondents and not including taxes etc. I guess I did OK. Ed

Back