• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Show Me Your Wheels

:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
Enkei PF01s

Here's my latest modification - Enkei PF01s 18x7.5x45mm offset (17.5 lbs each)

While black wheels are popular around here, I don't like dark cars with dark wheels and tires. There should be some contrast, IMO so silver it is.

Attachments

Chibana

The Michigan "WANKEL"
Contributor
:
2009 Mazda RX-8
Here's my latest modification - Enkei PF01s 18x7.5x45mm offset (17.5 lbs each)

While black wheels are popular around here, I don't like dark cars with dark wheels and tires. There should be some contrast, IMO so silver it is.
I agree. Looks good!

:
Thanks, Chibana,
My younger brother suggested that I should've bought 19s. I explained that
1. No, I don't want to pulverize my kidneys or spend thousands for forged, lightweight 19s
2. Having a lowered suspension and stiffer, more compressed OEM shocks doesn't lend itself to larger wheels with smaller aspect ratios - the result of which is mentioned in #1.
I have noticed that sharpness of impacts is "buffered" with these 35% lighter wheels. Handling around road curves that are less than smooth is more reassuring, to say the least.

:
Yes, I admit that I don't always follow trends. I see a guy at the gym who, despite being in his 50s, wears a baseball hat backwards with giant headphones over his ears. I guess I don't feel like I have to try to look like a 20-something year old, although some people think that is the case when they see my MX5's exhaust.

:
Mazda 3 2018
So I have a mazda 3 2018 and im really into the avid1 av56. The 18" spec is only 8.5" large and 35 offset. So I was wondering if anyone else had a similar setup and what tire spec do you have on them? Thanks