shocks blowing out

Dan100785

Quick question. I just lowered my car on stock springs and shocks. Its pretty low actually to give you a quick visual it's tucking tire and I got 215 19 35's. Hope that helps ;) Stupid thing to do i know oh well just curious on how it'd look. I was going to buy some lowering springs any way. At the moment its kinda bouncy not as much as you'd excpect for it being so low. but i was wondering how long does it take for your stock shocks to blow out because i want to get a set of Eibach Sportline Springs but they're only 200 dollars compaired to lets say a set of coilovers which are 700 dollars for decent set. I've only had it lowered about a week ago. I want to just the the springs but i know the smart thing to do is get some coilovers but just dont got that kind of money. Do you guys think i'll be fine with just the springs for a while because im only gonna be driving the car on those stock springs for a total of 2 maybe 3 weeks TOPS before i'm changing the springs. What'd you guys think? Your feedback is gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

how did you lower the car using stock springs and shocks?

im a little baked right now... but that doesnt make any sense.

thats pretty ricey dude.

and you really didnt gain any performance out of it.

its not that the spring is smaller that lowers a car, and stiffens the ride, its the amount of coils, and the tension in those coils.

all you did was compromise your suspension.

lol we just cut the springs only in the front.

That was a terrible thing to do. If you're not going to do something correctly, you really shouldn't do it at all.
With that said, its been discussed numerous times and you should be fine with stock shocks and lowering springs for almost as long as stock springs. There are tons of threads discussing this same topic if you want some more info.

ncz if your not going to say anything helpfull then you might as well just not post in my thread. I asked a simple question and in return you critize my question. As I stated before I was already going to get springs in the first place that was more of a test. Like I said before don't bother answering to my thread with critisizm.

thats pretty ricey dude.

and you really didnt gain any performance out of it.

its not that the spring is smaller that lowers a car, and stiffens the ride, its the amount of coils, and the tension in those coils.

all you did was compromise your suspension.

that's absolutely correct.

Dan100785, if you don't like the answer, don't ask for people's opinions.

Cutting springs is friggin ghetto, and dangerous.

That was a terrible thing to do. If you're not going to do something correctly, you really shouldn't do it at all.
With that said, its been discussed numerous times and you should be fine with stock shocks and lowering springs for almost as long as stock springs. There are tons of threads discussing this same topic if you want some more info.

agreed.

Now you don't have stock springs to put back on if/when you sell your car

I hadnt asked for your opinion on whether it looks ricey or ghetto or if it was a stupid thing to do or if it competmised my suspension. What I had asked was if I should be getting a set of coilovers or just get new springs, like I've stated before and I will state it again for the 3rd time I was already getting new springs but I was debating weather to get the springs or the whole set of coilovers. Obviously I already knew that cutting the springs wasnt a good thing to do, and I've already said that if you look back, that was the whole reason why I asked how long will it take for my stock shocks to go out on cut springs, and weather I should be getting just the lowering springs or the whole coilover set. But seeing that you guy's completely avoided my question and went straight to criticizing my doing, forget I every asked. Obviously asking you guy's is like asking a bunch of kids.

change your springs ASAP. One week won't kill stock struts.

You don't need coilovers unless you're wanting to drop more than the 1.8 inches the Sportlines drop the car.

I wouldn't recommend dropping more than that on stock wheels let alone on 19's.

change your springs ASAP. One week won't kill stock struts.

You don't need coilovers unless you're wanting to drop more than the 1.8 inches the Sportlines drop the car.

I wouldn't recommend dropping more than that on stock wheels let alone on 19's.

I appreciate your help, thank you. That was really helpfull and exactly what I was looking for.

Back