Selling my Mazdaspeed

Well guys, I hate to say it but I am selling my 2003 black mica mazdaspeed protege. My new insurance bill just came and its just to much. The car is in perfect shape, and at the moment only has 9,900 miles on it. I bought it just over 1 year ago. The real kick in the ass is that my autometer gauges and greddy boost controller and turbo timer just came in the mail last week. I didnt even install them yet. The only mod currently installed on my car is the injen intake. Other than that, my car is comepletely stock. Upon purchase, you will get the injen intake, as well as the original stock intake if you prefer to install that instead. My asking price on the street is 18,500 but I will sell for 18,000 to any member on this forum. I paid a little over sticker when I bought the car, and I actually still owe 20,000. But you get the car for cheaper than what I owe. If interested, feel free to pm me or email me, or you can just reply here. Serious inquiry only please.

Sorry to tell you, but there's no way you'll get 18K for it...They are less than that brand new. The only thing I can say is shop around and find a better insurance company. I have a pretty bad driving record, and my insurance policy is only $187 a month.

I havent seen any dealers selling them for 18 new. At least not in new jersey. And insurance is as bad as it gets anywhere in the country here. I have no points, no accidents, and I pay 5,500 for 12 months

You must have a bunch of tickets or something. I just turned 21 last week, and have no tickets, and my insurance is only 100 a month. I pay every six months but it works out to 100 a month, and probably will drop now that I turned 21. Good luck selling it though.

Turboluver said:
I havent seen any dealers selling them for 18 new. At least not in new jersey. And insurance is as bad as it gets anywhere in the country here. I have no points, no accidents, and I pay 5,500 for 12 months
Dude your paying just about 458-460..month for insurance on the MSP. Your getting (RIPPED) up the A**. BTW: you won't get 18,000 for the MSP, Maybe with the other goodies along with it "but doubt it". People are getting the MSP for 15-16K brand new off the lot!!!! FYI.(doh)

You have a modded car, with 10,000 miles on it. Not anywhere near new condition. Just trying to give you a heads up. People com on this forum every so often and ask about what you are asking, and they just don't hold their value that well. Maybe down the road when they aren't available, but as of now, some dealerships still have them brand new with almost 0 miles for 18-20K.

Im just letting everyone know im selling it. If they arnt interested, than thats fine. In my area, you can not get a new one for less than the 20,000. Im just trying to get what I can because ill still owe money even if I get the 18k I want. If not, ill have to stick it out until I can make ends meet. And believe me, I know im getting raped on insurance. The amount I pay now is the best quote I was given. Prudential wanted to charge me 8,000 a year. The price you pay to be a 21 year old male in central Jersey.

tritonheat1 said:
Dude your paying just about 458-460..month for insurance on the MSP. Your getting (RIPPED) up the A**. BTW: you won't get 18,000 for the MSP, Maybe with the other goodies along with it "but doubt it". People are getting the MSP for 15-16K brand new off the lot!!!! FYI.(doh)
I haven't seen any in that range. But 18k is high for used.

by the way, for everyone asking, im not selling the boost controller. Since all my products were unopened and never installed, the guy I bought it from is letting me return them for a full refund.

$5,500 a year...$8,000 for Prudential?? Jesus, I have Allstate, I'm within about a point or two from having my license suspended, an $8500 "at fault" accident claim within the last year, and I'm paying just over $2,200 a year for fulll coverage. It cannot possibly be that bad for you. Just keep trying!!

Since you're not going to be able to sell it, my advice is to just go without insurance. The primary thing insurance ends up being is lawyer bait - that's it. If the insurance money is there, they'll go for it. If it's not there (i.e. you have no insurance) they'll go for whatever they can get - which for a 21 year old can't be much.

Its that bad, I dont remember exactly, but allstate was right behind prudential with thier quote. when i first bought the car, the mazdaspeed was pretty new and they had no specific catagory for it,so it was filed as a regular protege, but now its been a year, they have mazdaspeed in the system, and the fact that the car is turbo in new jersey screws me big time(pissed)

Turboluver said:

Holly Crap, I pay 1800 for 12 for my Accord and the MSP. That is freakin nuts...Time to move:)

I'd keep trying for better rates. You'll find something better way before you sell your speed for anything close to 18k. Or do you not have any options with insurance? ie. on your parents policy, or like your current coverage and not willing to switch. Disregard if your older. If you do sell your speed you'll miss it. Your rates aren't gonna get any better. Hell, to some company's they still think its a n/a econobox.

hey man......im 24 in jackson. i use allstate and have a 4 point ticket & accident on my record.. i had to put $1100 down...$155.50/mo. for the first 6 months. my last payment for the 6 mos. went out last week. i hope my payment doesnt go up too much. you shouldn't be gettin quotes THAT high. anyways, good luck.

not trying to be an ass but have you been doing your insurance shopping? 8000 a year is alot. i was 18 when i was searching and i was told 4200 for 6 months from safe auto i think then i asked other places that just flat denied me. finally i found a place for 3200 from nationwide and they said when i turn 19 it will be down to 1800. 3200 is still not cheap but it was the cheapest i could find especially since i never had insurance before and need full coverage. i think you will be able to find a cheap price if you look around and if not, then good luck selling your car!

Back