Seat belt warning sound

Boostme

Ok guys please dont flame me on this one, but I hardly ever wear my seat belt. And im wanting to know if there is any way I can turn off the warning sound? I would have looked in the owners manuel first but I dont have one.

I always wear my seatbelt, but that thing annoys the hell out of me too. Just doing little stuff like getting out to get the mail, then to pull in to the house (I have a long driveway on a 5 acre lot) you have to put your belt back on, or sound like Brian Spilner's car right before the floor board fell out.

nope.

the sound is there for a reason. to tell you to put the belt on.

im assuming youve never been in, nor seen the results of a traffic accident?

You can have it shut off. You have to bring it to the dealer and they have to plug in to the onboard computer and program it under owner prefs. I had it done to mine about 3 days after I bought it.

Is the belt that annoying . . . mine turns off after about 30 seconds.

Yes.

It starts beeping slow, then it get's faster and faster, and faster, and faster for about 2 mins, at which point you go completely insane, and start thinking you're driving a bomb.

My brother makes fun of it all the time.

my girlfriend tells me to put it on at least twice for every one beep, so I learned to block it out hahaha. Now i dont even hear it

Yes.

It starts beeping slow, then it get's faster and faster, and faster, and faster for about 2 mins, at which point you go completely insane, and start thinking you're driving a bomb.

My brother makes fun of it all the time.

Wasn't talking about the beep. Was talking about havint the seat belt on.

Well I don't need a seatbelt to drive down my driveway. (dunno) It would be very annoying to have to put it back on everytime, just to avoid the crazy effen beeping.

how hard is it to stay in one spot without a seat belt? I'm considering it's fairly hard, or at least my driven habits would have me all up against the window, and I would constantly slide. I'm someone who drives 5 mph over the speed limit except in school zones i go like 20 mph, in subdivision I go like 15, and on the highway I cruise at 70mph and only speeds to pass someone. If I'm in twisties, then i usually speed through it because it's what makes driving fun for me.

Latest posts

Back