Scratches in the Paint

abeille

:
2014 Mazda 6
Over the winter, my car was scratched by an ice scraper. (It has been very hard to be nice about it)

Anyway.....the dealership wants $2000 to fix the scratches. I found another place that does repairs that will touch up/buff the paint that will do the work for $1000.

Trying to decide what to do. I really don't want it all taken apart (dealership) but I worry about how it'll look if the other place does it. Should I go the cheaper route? They were recommended to me by Ziebart because some of the scratches are too deep for them to fix with their method. Or do you have other suggestions? Scratches are on the hood, deck lid, spoiler, and roof

It all count on the paint job you got in your car and how long the damage. Try using a good rubbing compound first to see if you can fix them yourself. I will recommend to install a clear bra like I did on mine, it works wonders and mine is warranty on labor and materials for up to 5 years. So far traveling on the highway every weekend home for 2 to 3 hours have save my 6 from rock chips. If the cheaper place can match the color right then go with them.

Took it to the cheaper place and it looks great! You wouldn't know anything ever happened to it!

Back