Schedule maintenance

I live in NY...schedule 1 doesn't apply so I'm using schedule #2.....in the "change engine oil" section...is it at 3000 miles or 5000? And why in puerto Rico they suggested 3000miles...I'm confused!

When I was in Puerto Rico, I remember, hot humid weather, very poor roads and little choice in oils.

So are you guys think I should do the 3 months 3000 miles or the 5 months 5000miles...I live where we get snow and s***..I drive in all kind of conditions....soooooooo...isn't the CX 5 oil engine the one that can go for 5000 miles?

The normal length of trip is the decision point. Short trip (less than 8 miles, longer in winter) and the mosture/sluge formed in the cold engine oil does not get hot enought to boil off. Longer trip and the engine oil gets hot enough to boil off the moisture/sluge and the oil stays cleaner so you can go with the longer schedule. I think the schedule was created before they required synthetic oil so it is conservative, but you should consider the warranty and stick to it until out of warranty (and keep records of oil changes). I have heard stories of autos that were usually only driven short distances and the engines died with low mileage. Engines with few warm-ups like long hall trucks and farm tractors can go many more hours on oil without excessive wear. Most autos that give you oil life indication count warm ups and miles driven to calculate oil life.

Latest posts

Back