Sat in CX-9 at Detroit show, impressions

P5w3kids

:
2003 P5
I had a chance to sit in all three rows of the CX-9 at the Detroit show (NAIAS). I'm still not crazy about the exterior, but the interior is very nice, finished about up to Acura levels. I especially liked the nicely upholstered door panels, but throughout the interior is a step or two up from that in the CX-7. It feels like an upscale vehicle. Best interior Mazda has ever done.

Interior room is also very good. First and second rows are significantly roomier than in the CX-7, and the third row fits an adult without too much problem. The cushion's way too low to the floor for true comfort, but that's typical of the class.

On the down side, the second row does not fold as low as the rest of the cargo floor, and there is a gap between the rows when both are folded.

Hyundai introduced a similar product, the Veracruz, at the show. But the Mazda is sportier inside and should handle considerably better.

My site's page for the CX-9:

http://www.truedelta.com/models/CX-9.php

good to hear. i still think mazda could use a nice minivan in the lineup as a people mover. the old mpv was long in the tooth but the new one they are selling overseas i think would be a hit here.

Was in there too today. I will be looking for a new 7 seater in 1.5 years when the lease on the Uplander is up (can't wait!). Anyway, for the price I thought it was more reasonable than the new GM CUVs (Enclave, Outlook, Acadia). Those had more room but I can't justify 42,000+ USD on these which will equate close to 50 large Canadian.
The CX9 was $8000 cheaper top of the line. The only thing is you can't get a sunroof and DVD together, it's either or, on the GMs you can get both. I guess the kids will have to bring their portable players if they want to watch.

fmmac1 said:
Was in there too today. I will be looking for a new 7 seater in 1.5 years when the lease on the Uplander is up (can't wait!). Anyway, for the price I thought it was more reasonable than the new GM CUVs (Enclave, Outlook, Acadia). Those had more room but I can't justify 42,000+ USD on these which will equate close to 50 large Canadian.
The CX9 was $8000 cheaper top of the line. The only thing is you can't get a sunroof and DVD together, it's either or, on the GMs you can get both. I guess the kids will have to bring their portable players if they want to watch.

I think the aftermarket will provide you with larger viewing area (LCD) model with the better price and features. :)

Back