Rutgers wins!!!!!!!!!

smo0f

:
370z (Totalled)
Rutgers(15) 28-25 Louisville (3)

yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
oh man i'm so psyched. heading over there right now to celebrate

(mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd) (mswerd)

smo0f said:
Rutgers(15) 28-25 Louisville (3)

yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
oh man i'm so psyched. heading over there right now to celebrate
YES!!!! That will put UT in 3rd place when we beat K state. Ohio as to play Mich and Ohio will win puting us in 2nd and giving us the chance to play the big game!!!!!!!!!(first)

i think the reason why i don't watch college football is because of this whole ranking and division crap, and the 50 different bowls available. i don't understand it at all. all i know is rutgers barely won any games a few years ago and were pretty much a joke around campus and now they're 9-0. big props to the coach for turning it around. can't wait for the WVU game. i don't even know if rutgers can make it to the championship game, but if they remain undefeated they should

Hughes412 said:
YES!!!! That will put UT in 3rd place when we beat K state. Ohio as to play Mich and Ohio will win puting us in 2nd and giving us the chance to play the big game!!!!!!!!!(first)
Florida has to loose buddy. When the gators lose we will take 3rd. And when mich or ohio wins or looses we will take 2nd. But if it is a close game, it is possible the ranking wont change.

smo0f said:
i think the reason why i don't watch college football is because of this whole ranking and division crap, and the 50 different bowls available. i don't understand it at all. all i know is rutgers barely won any games a few years ago and were pretty much a joke around campus and now they're 9-0. big props to the coach for turning it around. can't wait for the WVU game. i don't even know if rutgers can make it to the championship game, but if they remain undefeated they should
Rutgers have a better chance next year, because they wont have to work thier way up the ladder, the bcs is also based on difficulty of sched. So depending on your oponents or which division (big 12, big 10 etc.) you could have a high rank to start out the year. Makeing it easier to be in the big game.

i see. still not sure what it all means. why don't they incorporate some sort of playoff system like the nfl as opposed to this bcs and multiple bowl crap

smo0f said:
i see. still not sure what it all means. why don't they incorporate some sort of playoff system like the nfl as opposed to this bcs and multiple bowl crap
I too agree that there should be some sort of playoff. Where each division had a champ and they all play each other. But I think the bcs is there to bring in more money. More Bowl Games=Big Bucks.

smo0f said:

Smoof, Rutgers is hurting in the standings because 1) They were not ranked in the beginning of the season, 2) Their strength of schedule, & 3) Point differential in their games. (I don't know if they are blowing people out but I believe it is taken into consideration. That is why teams in college blow each other out. Another reason why I hate it.

They should be ranked next year and if they have a good season should have a better bowl opportunity.

sanblaster1 said:
Smoof, Rutgers is hurting in the standings because 1) They were not ranked in the beginning of the season, 2) Their strength of schedule, & 3) Point differential in their games. (I don't know if they are blowing people out but I believe it is taken into consideration. That is why teams in college blow each other out. Another reason why I hate it.

They should be ranked next year and if they have a good season should have a better bowl opportunity.
This is not taken into consideration.

They use to have a playoff system before the BCS. But it was dominated by the big teams. The teams that were good bidn't have any real hard opponents always went to the champ games. The BCS was put in place so that the streigth of the opp. would now be a factor. If you went undefeted but only played no ranked teams you would get less credit than a team that lost one or two games but played more higher ranked teams. Kind of why Perdue and Notre Dame haven't been top dogs for a long time.

Back