Rusty tailpipe tips

Anyone else gettig the discoloration on the bottom of the exhaust tips?

If so, are dealers doing anything about it for you? 2008, should not be this bad already!

Anyone else gettig the discoloration on the bottom of the exhaust tips?

If so, are dealers doing anything about it for you? 2008, should not be this bad already!

Every other time I wash my CX7 (waiting on my CX9 order, should be any week now) I use steel wool and clean them real good. Takes extra 2 mins, but they shine like a babys behind!!!

I also give it a wipe with the clean rag dipped in alittle bit of motor oil every time after the wash. I had mine CX-9 for over 15 months now and no signs of rust whatsoever.

I just bought my GT a week ago, and it had the rust that I've seen on all the others. I have a 3m buffing compound, but opted to try the headlight polishing liquid first, because it is less abrasive than rubbing/buffing compound. Just a little bit of the headlight/plastic polishing compound got the rust off. I then wiped it off, and then used glass/surface cleaner to make it shiny. It looks good as new. Sprayed some rubber/plastic restoration liquid onto the black inside part, wiped it off, and the black portion looks better as well.

My wife has had her CX-9 GT coming up on 3 years. For the exhaust tips I use a 12 inch plastic cleaner with cloth over foam and then slobber it with Meguir's wheel cleaner. Tips are still perfectly shiny and clean inside after use. (NY winters included)

Latest posts

Back