rough idle crappy preformance!!!!! need help

mp51987

:
mazda protege5 swagon
New coils new plugs new wires cleaned egr. Has rough idle, idles around 500-600. 1St gear is good taking off but the rest are like the power just isnt there.

All the hoses are good. I guess i can buy some MAF cleaner and try that. Ill be back lol.

Ok just cleand MAF started it up and boom theres a cel. Went got it read and its a random multiple misfire. I swear im about to push itboff a cliff. Any ideas?

Here's your complete list:

Did you do a seafoam treatment ??

roughidle_zpsefe10662.jpg

code0300b_zps86d0ab3a.png

code0300_zpse5559f5e.png

Clean your IAC valve,... It's the one that controls idle.

Your MAF cleaner should work.

Do you have any exhaust leaks? The joint between the first Catalytic converter and the J pipe comes loose on mine and really affects performance.

Aftermarket header. And i hope you can picture what im about to say cause i cant post pics for some reason. Its a stock intake and on the part after the bend coming from the throttle boddy there is this thing that sits on top has a plug that plugs in it. Its ticking. At first i thought it was valve lash but i put my hand on it and it was clicking. What is this thing and should it be clicking?

Are you talking about the "thing" that has the red and white wires coming from it?

P5240009.jpg

Also would it be better to buy an aftermarket cold air intake since i have an aftermarket header? Just asking.

Back