Roof Rail Installation Time...Huh?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I had an appointment today at noon for Mazda to install Mazda supllied roof rails. It took their parts department a week and a half to get them. When I got there (early) the service guy said ok I'll check on installation time. When he got back he said ok you can pick up your car tomorrow or possible at eight o'clock tonight. Huh?! I think I saw a video on youtube of a woman installing them at home one her CX 5 in about an hour. What is a realistic installation time? I had to cancel the appointment as I don't live in the city and couldn't leave the car there overnight...no way to get home. I'll have to make an early hour appointment. So anyone aware from experience of the actual required time for installation? Thanks.

'Bout an hour sounds right. Just unclip the covers, put the rail on, insert and tighten 4 or 5 screws and clip on the screw covers (repeat). Pretty easy.

Yeah, that's an easy to watch video - for several reasons. But seriously, she just does a little explaining and gets to it, not like those guys that take 30 minutes to introduce and explain a 10 minute job.

In her first video installing roof rails on 2013-2016 models she appears to have to cut up some metal components with a hacksaw then in her next video showing installation on a 2016 that step appears to have been eliminated. I wonder what changes are involved now in installing the rails on 2019-2020 models.

Yeah, that's an easy to watch video - for several reasons. But seriously, she just does a little explaining and gets to it, not like those guys that take 30 minutes to introduce and explain a 10 minute job.

Haha! I deciphered your code...yes...very easy to watch!

I think an hour is good. Drive car to stall, go get rails, install rails, sign off paperwork and drive car out of shop.

Back